Zune software problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raven360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, heres the deal. My Zune Software keeps giving me an error that says "Zune.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" And rebooting or anything doesn't help so I decided to uninstall then reinstall it. Well it seems that Zune doesn't show up in the Add/Remove Programs list, and UnZoon doesn't work either. Anyone know how do get this confounded demonry off of my system so I can actually put new stuff on it?

I'm using the 1st gen. 30GB btw.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you using the disc it came with or DLing it off the website ?

R

raven360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm using the download form the site. Also, after using UnZoon there is no Zune folder in my HDD. The only trace of it is the setup on my desktop.

X

XboxPlayer

Se7en Sinner
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
I've never heard of "UnZoon"
Delete all your Zune software (Format your Zune also but save your music somewhere if you can) and Install the software from your disc instead.

If you're using Firmware 2.2 try downgrading.
Zune Boards
Go ahead and use my account.
User: XboxPlayer
Pass: Se7enSins

R

raven360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
All of my Zune files HAVE been deleted, theres not a single trace of it left on my PC, and I don't have the CD with me here at my mom's house. UnZoon is a program specifically designed to remove Zune completely, and it did remove all of the files but for some reason I can't reinstall the software, it keeps thinking it's still installed and only looks for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.