What's new

Zone Alarm Not Working

Lethal

Lethal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My zone alarm isnt working i followed acide nubble guide it worked for a day then stop working then a week later for a nother ay then stop working again i re installed it upgraded everything i can somone please help me?

oh yeah i use a laptop with windows vista

B

bloodangelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean its not working...if you are not getting host, it might be something with your bridge.

Damage

Damage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might not be his bridge, because I had the same problem as him because I was running Windows Vista and Zone Alarm was not working properly, so I bridged on Windows xp and zone alarm worked fine...Zone Alarm works for some people running Windows Vista and for some people it just doesn't work.

bloodangelz said:
what do you mean its not working...if you are not getting host, it might be something with your bridge.

I think the problem he is having is that he is finding matches before he puts the slider back to med and he is just not getting host.

O

o iR a P ii D z

Reaction score
Lethal said:
My zone alarm isnt working i followed acide nubble guide it worked for a day then stop working then a week later for a nother ay then stop working again i re installed it upgraded everything i can somone please help me?

oh yeah i use a laptop with windows vista

Turn your power strip off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Restart your laptop. If that doesn't work, Restore your computer back to the day that you FIRST installed ZAP.

Lethal

Lethal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bloodangelz said:

i mean like when i put the slider to high nothing hapens everyone can hear me it like i didnt ever bring it to high

o iR a P ii D z said:
Turn your power strip off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on. Restart your laptop. If that doesn't work, Restore your computer back to the day that you FIRST installed ZAP.

what you mean by power strip? sorry im kind of a noob :biggrin:

B

bloodangelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you make sure you set up cain right? if you have your bridge right, you won't be able to hear people and they will be kicked from your party when you have your firewall on medium

Lethal

Lethal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i dont have cain i never knew you needed that but i do have comview

B

bloodangelz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lethal said:
no i dont have cain i never knew you needed that but i do have comview

depends on what bridge setup you use.....

my setup

modem - router - router to xbox with ethernet - router to laptop with wireless - then i use cain to poison (bridge) the xbox and wireless connection together. zap wont work unless the bridge is setup right....if you don't have a bridge, you are only messing with the setup on the laptop, not the laptop and the xbox.