What's new

Solved Zephyr xbox has 0003 and small buzz when powered on.

zastin17

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I When into goodWill and found 2 xbox 360s for $9 for both. At that price they must have rrod. I chcked and they are both zephyrs. I got home and sure enough they both had rrod. One has 0003 and one had 1022. I properly reflowed the gpu on the 1022 with my Auyue and I fixed it. It has dash 13599 so its rgh 1 able. I'm modding that sh#t. So the other one with 0003 I opened up and noticed that someone obviously heatguned the gpu to ****. The gpu is completely black. The gpu is obviously not ever going to work again. I was planning on starting to reball. I'm about to buy a IR-PRO-SC. So my question is. Should I pull the gpu and see what error I get??. If its a normal missing gpu error and no 0003. Should I just buy a new gpu and reflow it later with my new station?? As I said already everything else looks fine to me. Also when I get 0003 the fans don't turn on.

zastin17

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So I decided to remove the gpu. After removal, the xbox now now power on. I now receive 0002. cpu heats up and fans go on so that's good. Console has clean power. I testing the removed gpu and it is actually fried. I get 0 ohms on the test points. Nothing on screen obviously since there is not gpu at all. So When I order my ir rework station, replacing the gpu should work right??. Is there anything else I should test before putting the board in my closet?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Sin$
0003 means that either there's no power getting to the GPU or the GPU is dead. If the the problem of the console was the GPU in the first place and the heatgun didn't cause any damage to the board and the other components, replacing the GPU should fix it. Also, reball the GPU on the other zephyr, a reflow probably won't last you a very long time.

Top Bottom
Login
Register