What's new

Solved Zephyr sounds like a jet

A

Adamgm10

The Kid
Reaction score
I got a Halo 3 edition console a few days ago and i kept getting a 0001 error code so I reflowed it, x clamp fixed it, and it works now but it sounds like a jet even if it's just sitting on the dash it'll sound fine for a minute and slowly get louder and louder. I notice the air shooting out isn't even remotely hot.

I've had it on for 45 minutes playing Halo 3 (fitting) and it's working fine but this doesn't seem right. I have had xenons that weren't this loud.

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
I got a Halo 3 edition console a few days ago and i kept getting a 0001 error code so I reflowed it, x clamp fixed it, and it works now but it sounds like a jet even if it's just sitting on the dash it'll sound fine for a minute and slowly get louder and louder. I notice the air shooting out isn't even remotely hot.

I've had it on for 45 minutes playing Halo 3 (fitting) and it's working fine but this doesn't seem right. I have had xenons that weren't this loud.
You Replace Thermal Paste?

And If Yes Did You Do A Nice Clean Layer.

U

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Reaction score
As previously asked. Could of been a slight area not completely covered with the CPU thermal paste and the cooling is properly being utilized. Maybe replace the thermal pads. What are the temps clocking @ while idle?

A

Adamgm10

The Kid
Reaction score
As previously asked. Could of been a slight area not completely covered with the CPU thermal paste and the cooling is properly being utilized. Maybe replace the thermal pads. What are the temps clocking @ while idle?
Weird I RGH1 it and updated the dash and it sounds fine now.

U

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Reaction score
Weird I RGH1 it and updated the dash and it sounds fine now.

Well at least it sounds like the problem was solved. Could of been a bad block somewhere messing with the fan speed config or some other component. Never know these days lol.

Top Bottom