What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question Zephyr Jtag E79 Error After Writing Xell, AUD_Clamp and Normal. A nightmare of a simple Jtag!!?‍?

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
Jtag Zephyr Relentless E79, AUD_Clamp Selected. ?‍? CB4558

I picked up proper 1n4148 Diodes and those are not working either. I'm at a loss. I'm not a kid with a soldering iron anymore torching pads. This is a very easy soldering job and takes me only minutes.

My soldering is perfect. I've redone it countless times. Tried dvd drive and alternative points.

I haven't damaged a single point. The console is pristine, stock nand is pristine. I don't understand why this isn't working.

Xell will not load, just E79 the second I finish flashing my jtag image through Jrunner.

I guess Boxxdr next.

Geez!! This is getting ridiculous!! Anybody experience this on a Zephyr? IT JUST WONT WORK!!
I'm going nuts. I have never had an issue like this with RGH and I find that Ironic. This mod takes me 3 minutes to install yet it DOESNT WORK!!! ARGGGE!!

99qr0V8.jpeg
LNrMtim.jpeg
9iiEcKD.jpeg
Xuh2SU7.jpeg

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
My Retail nand image boots with my Jtag wiring in place aswell which is concerning, yet my wiring is perfect. Absolutely no damage.

Retail image boots using Aud clamp, Boxxdr, and conventional jtag. All alternative points tried. Shouldn't this disbale a retail NAND image if the jtag is working?

It's like an Unjtagggable, Jtagable console. I'm at a loss and I nearly give up.

Dont Trip Noob

Dont Trip Noob

Trusted Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
There’s a old old wiring I’d give a try it’s called aud clamp + open tray only down side is you’d have to find a way to make the xell image to grab the cpu key and then create a nand

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm tearing my hair out. I've tried everything I can think of.

It's Jtagable for sure and im going insane, check cb and the dash.
a0HR9Ui.jpeg

0LIJdjd.jpeg

There’s a old old wiring I’d give a try it’s called aud clamp + open tray only down side is you’d have to find a way to make the xell image to grab the cpu key and then create a nand
I tried the DVD tray point aswell. E79.

Yea that's exactly where I'm at, just trying to get Xell to load ao I can grab the CPU key.

And to rehash this odd behavior. My Retail NAND boots fine with all my wiring in place, no matter the Jtag wiring method I use. Boxxdr, aud clamp, conventional.

I can resolder 10,000 times and it still boots Retail Nand as if the Jtag is Not installed. With the jtag installed, it should inly boot Xell right? Retail should not be working with wires in place.

This Zephyr is craziness! I've tried every last method on the internet without any success. Every possible troubleshooting method I have under my belt.

I've been 3x days on this Jtag mod that should have taken me 15.minutes. which it did initially, but simply didn't work.
Post automatically merged:

Should I just RGH at this point? This is so ridiculous.

A jtag is 2x freaking diodes!! I'm so erritated.

An rgh is a entire glitcj chip and I have never has issues like this with RGH. Nearly always successful.

Jtag is the same steps, just a few wires instead of a glitch Chip. This is what's so frustereting!!

Last edited:
Lucky

Lucky

HYX's stamp of approval!
Super Moderators
Premium
Scaling the Mountain Beginning of An Odyssey Bright Idea
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
no :wink:

Shorted your diodes, heat shrink the legs.

One mistake I made aud_clamping a falcon was I used the wrong headers (lol!). I'd quadruple check you are soldering aud_clamp for your motherboard. Below screenshot is what works 100% of time for me.

sMMjSDa.jpg

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey their. Yea I tried that aswell.

I'm at the point where I'm suspecting a broken trace or broken joint. The board is prestine, I broke the warranty seal.

If I can't get this to work, I may reflow on the off chance a solder joint somewhere cracked which just so happened to prevent then jtag hack. I even traced all the points from the jtag connector, tested SMD resistors.

The fact that RETAIL NAND image boots with all these wiring methods, means the jtag is not working, yet everything is clean and done correctly.

0FMr7dE.jpeg

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
Try different diodes if you haven't. I have had some DOA out the packaging. Also, are you placing console back in metal casing to boot?
It looks like it should work, but it is being stubborn...

Check this thread out: https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/zephyr-e79-after-aud_clamp-fix.423740/
I did read that a few days ago. Ive dug so deep online I don't think theirs anything left to try.

UPDATE: I DISCOVERED SOME VERY STRANGE BEHAVIOR
So I flashed back to retail BLADES, and connected a hard Drive today as I wanted to play a few older game and save them, test temps out, and found some very strange behavior with this Zephyr.
When I connect a hard drive to this Zephyr, it " thinks" its overheating.
Something very strange happens when I connect a hard drive.

Fans go NUTS, and the console will only stay on for 15 seconds or so before "it believes it overheated" 2 lights overheat error. If I manage get to the Dashboard in time, it even manages to read all the profiles from the hard drive. So nothing wrong their.

But then Completely normal behavior and fan speed if the hard drive is detached. Like theirs nothing wrong at all. Slow idle fan speeds and play's games off DVD drive just fine. The board is PRESTINE, I DO MEAN PERFECT. UNUSED. Never gamed on.

If I get the the Dash, it even loads the profiles from the hard drive fine. Then 2lights seconds later.

If I Remove the hard drive, no problems and games play fine, relatively low temps aswel.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE WITH THIS BOARD?

Dont Trip Noob

Dont Trip Noob

Trusted Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm tearing my hair out. I've tried everything I can think of.

It's Jtagable for sure and im going insane, check cb and the dash.
a0HR9Ui.jpeg

0LIJdjd.jpeg

I tried the DVD tray point aswell. E79.

Yea that's exactly where I'm at, just trying to get Xell to load ao I can grab the CPU key.

And to rehash this odd behavior. My Retail NAND boots fine with all my wiring in place, no matter the Jtag wiring method I use. Boxxdr, aud clamp, conventional.

I can resolder 10,000 times and it still boots Retail Nand as if the Jtag is Not installed. With the jtag installed, it should inly boot Xell right? Retail should not be working with wires in place.

This Zephyr is craziness! I've tried every last method on the internet without any success. Every possible troubleshooting method I have under my belt.

I've been 3x days on this Jtag mod that should have taken me 15.minutes. which it did initially, but simply didn't work.

A jtag is 2x freaking diodes!! I'm so erritated.

An rgh is a entire glitcj chip and I have never has issues like this with RGH. Nearly always successful.

Jtag is the same steps, just a few wires instead of a glitch Chip. This is what's so frustereting!!
It’s been years since I’ve done a Jtag, but from what I remember, the last J-Runner didn’t have an option to create xell for aud_clamp + Dvd_tray. You’d have to look for older programs that actually have it like Jtag tool or Nandpro. There was one more as well but I can’t remember the name

Z

zastin18

Reaction score
Sin$
It’s been years since I’ve done a Jtag, but from what I remember, the last J-Runner didn’t have an option to create xell for aud_clamp + Dvd_tray. You’d have to look for older programs that actually have it like Jtag tool or Nandpro. There was one more as well but I can’t remember the name
I don't see the DVD tray option, however that would still not explain why Retail Nand boots with the Jtag wiring in place.

The opposite should be happening after the jtag installed . Retail NAND should fail to boot.

But xell and Xebuild should only boot with Jtag installed.

But I get E79 with Xell on the Nand, as if my Jtag is not even installed.

Its essentially Acting like I flashed a unmoded retail console with modeed nand, and no hardware mods at all. The result would be e79.

Top Bottom
Login
Register