What's new

Discussion YSK: The facts about Pre-Orders & Pre-Loads for Digital Purchases on XB1

Squarees

Squarees

Man of the year
Reaction score
Sin$
There have been a lot of posts asking questions about when Amazon will open up the Digital Pro Edition or any Digital Edition of the game, as well as pre-ordering Digital from GameStop or other retailers. It should be noted that there is fine print to these pre-orders when you are able to pre-order from retailers: "This is a purchase of Xbox LIVE currency. You may redeem the currency for the content shown or for other" - Screen The primary reason behind this is Microsoft doesn't have any retail agreements with retailers like Playstation does with say, Amazon where you can purchase the digital copy from their store and get a code for the game, not store currency to make the purchase on your own. Additionally because you're getting currency and haven't made the actual purchase yet most retailers won't give you the Microsoft Card/Code for your game until release meaning you won't be able to pre-load so when games for the XB1 start at around 20GB's it's going to be a long morning of downloading (often fast connections are slowed on launch days from heavy loads to the MS Servers but YMMV)

Based on the Gamescom Press event from Microsoft Pre-Ordering and Pre-Loading will be available for the XB1 starting in September, but it's up to the publisher on if they want to allow it or not. The first title to use it was EA with Madden 15, and recently Destiny allowed for Pre-Ordering and Pre-Loading including the special edition of the game and pre-order bonuses intact.

Activision, the publisher for BOTH Destiny and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, is very likely to allow for Pre-Order and Pre-Loading for Advanced Warfare just like it did for Destiny, but it will still only be within a week or so before the release.

Note: For purchases through the Xbox Live Store pre-loaded games will be locked until 12am PDT/3am EDT

z BeAsTLy

z BeAsTLy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You can preorder digital with gamestop. Also they let you preload it if you do preorder it with gamestop.

Xtro

Xtro

Seasoned Member
10th Anniversary Legendary Veteran Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Only reason why im not going digital with this game is for the day zero edition i think i can get atleast 3 prestiges on the first day

Kobe

Kobe

YEEZY JUST JUMPED OVER JUMPMAN
Reaction score
Sin$
I am just preordering from Gamestop. I usually do not care about limited edition crap.

Top Bottom
Login
Register