What's new

Discussion Your thoughts on the Xbox Enforcement Team and Communication Bans?

• Thread starter Im_Tsuikyit
  • Start date
  • Views 10,934

Do you feel that the XBL Enforcement Team is unfair?

• Total voters
I

Im_Tsuikyit

Reaction score
Sin$
I feel that the Xbox ET is unfair. I was raging at a troll onCoD. For making my team lose by killing himself repeatedly. I initially told him "F_ck you" for commiting suicide over and over to make my team lose, which resulted in my first ban. I don't understand why MS is banning people for swearing on an M rated game. After that ban, I kept swearing at an all time low and exactly 2 months later, I got a second ban for seemingly no reason. I did not plug in my mic nor send out hate mail. This goes to show that the XBLET do not go in depth to investigate if I had even sworn. I feel that the XBLET may be corrupt or purely unfair. Here's why. After I commented about a 13 year old who wouldn't join out party, he denied the fact that he was unsporting and got his 17 year old friend to talk to me. I did not expect him to use obscenities at me, but he did. He told me "F_ck you, my d_ck is bigger than KK." I understand that GTA V is an M rated game and there's swearing everywhere. And just this week, I got banned from the UserVoice forums even though I had obeyed the CoC about no swearing and spamming. I only used profanity because I was trying to convey the message that some random kid sent me. For a multi billion dollar company, it's a shame that their ET consists of kids and bots. It's no wonder why many Xbox veterans are gravitating towards Sony and the PlayStation Network. In the long run, Communication Bans and the ET will be the downfall of Xbox. I don't understand why I get banned and the aforementioned players don't get any sort of ban. The ET hould be more worried about modders, hackers, cheaters and trolls. Trash talk is part of the game. The mute button is there for a reason. It's not a decoration. It's meant to be used.

Last edited:
MrAssassin

MrAssassin

Nothing is true, Everything is permitted
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya I agree. Messeging someone "ur bad" or "just break your game" just doesnt cut it when he/she is absoultly terrible at playing halo and gets 2 kills and 21 deaths and makes your team lose the game. I would love to send that person some foul language to show that I am really pissed at them but I can't because I will get reported.

If your playing a 18+ or something game then using foul language should be ok. I really don't see why it shouldn't be.

Gargamel198024

Gargamel198024

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not trying to sound like an ***.... BUT, although you might not like if someone goes negative and your team loses, at the end of the day, its just a game. That one loss in Call of Duty or Halo will not cause you any ill will in real life. AND, maybe that person that is going negative is playing CoD for fun and just wants to release some stress after a long day, and maybe he isnt as good as you... Who cares, does mean you have to curse them out and try to make them feel like ****...

That is one reason gamers get bad names, because some of us dont know how to control our tempers..

FrazzleFrazer

FrazzleFrazer

HOLD THE DOOR
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Dude you are butthurt to the max this is like the third thread you have made about this... Maybe you should work on your temper and stop swearing at random people you don't even know, better yet try just talking to your mates in party. If someone is bad at a game don't abuse them give them advice on how to get better or just ignore them. HAVE A LITTLE SELF CONTROL!

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree a little bit. Nothing is probably ever gonna change but I don't think Microsoft should ban people for swearing on a game that's M-rated. I've gotten a communication ban for 24 hours because I told a kid on Bo3 to drink Bleach for going 4-27 on my team lol. It seems like it only really happens on Call of Duty since it's full of 12 year olds. Their mom probably reads that message and calls up Xbox lmao.

EDIT: And to top it off they have the worst system ever. If you call Xbox up they say they can't tell you anything all you can do is submit a Case Review on the Enforcement website which they rarely answer. They just give no ****s.

F

FlipTeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I believe the communication ban and the whole system of appeal is ridiculous. I received a 24 hour suspension yesterday, for sending some profane language. So yes, at the face of it I broke the code of conduct and I get the suspension. However because it is only a 24 hour suspension, it will not even let me appeal it or tell my side of the story.

Context. I was playing GTA, then someone started spamming me with party invites, I join the party only to be removed, upon removal I started to get invites again. Over and over. I simply sent him a message that contained some harsh language in it. Taken out of context (which it was), the enforcement team just took one sided action.

I simply feel that if there was actually an "investigation" into the matter done, there would be a different outcome because I could justify my reasons for "breaching the code of conduct". Furthermore there is no ability to even appeal it if your ban is too short. Regardless of the suspension length, you should be able to appeal it.

I have a long chat transcript from last night I am happy to show.
Angeli H.: Our enforcement team investigates on the gamertags that was filed a complaint to. If they see that this account did violate the terms of use/code of conduct, they give necessary sanctions. Meanwhile, there are also enforcement teams that play games and joins multiplayer games and that way, they can check the behavior/conduct of the player. The sanction given still depends on the severity of the violation. We are also taking notes of customers requests and cases. This reports are filed to our team and they are the one who investigates and check if those can be included on the next change. Again, we are just like "messengers". But I assure you that your case has already been reported to our team and I will make sure that they will know about it. Believe me, my goal here is for your concern to be resolved. This is already documented to this case number ------.
Angeli H.: I also updated it to add your request for change in filing a complaint to add for spammers.
Angeli H.: Just checking if our chat is still connected. I need to check on you every few minutes or so as being idle might disconnect us from this chat session.
you: Well by the looks of things the "enforcement team" investigate pretty shallowly. I say this because they clearly didn't investigate the reason behind the message I sent. So there is my point. They investigate a one sided story. A user reported me for profane language. I get a suspension because I breached code of conduct, yet they evidently don't even care about the reasoning behind it. I'm sure if I had an option to report them for spamming they'd get a suspension. But there isn't such an option, therefore they don't get any suspension. I feel there isnt such an option because you have no real reason of tracking it.
you: Furthermore, from what you have said above you have tole me that there are enforcement teams that join games, etc to see how the player behaves. Well because there is no option to directly report them for spamming, I have to report them for some other none related reason. I have listed to you the options I had available. So from what you've told me proves my point. I report this user for some unrelated reason, the enforcement team will "investigate" and find no problem at all.

Daniel37Parker

Daniel37Parker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I Im_Tsuikyit It may be a M rated game but that does not matter as alot of people don't want to hear profanity me included, and if there is a kid making you lose a match leave the game.

MrAssassin MrAssassin It's a fact that there are good players and bad players, but both types of players still have a right to play the game without being abused. And again because it's 18+ does not give you the right to swear.

Keeley Hazell Keeley Hazell Still no matter what the age rating it's still not okay to swear. And are you serious you told a kid to drink bleach. Not only is it smashing the CoC pretty sure it's breaking the law. Put it this way is it was me deciding the fate of your account, I'd give you a perma ban.

F FlipTeck Your case is easy, if sombody is annoying you report then block. I just saved you a 24 suspension.

Just think before you you say anything, would you want to be on the other side?
And because I can't say this enough. Just because the game is rated for 18+ does NOT give you the divine right to swear.
End of rant.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I Im_Tsuikyit It may be a M rated game but that does not matter as alot of people don't want to hear profanity me included, and if there is a kid making you lose a match leave the game.

MrAssassin MrAssassin It's a fact that there are good players and bad players, but both types of players still have a right to play the game without being abused. And again because it's 18+ does not give you the right to swear.

Keeley Hazell Keeley Hazell Still no matter what the age rating it's still not okay to swear. And are you serious you told a kid to drink bleach. Not only is it smashing the CoC pretty sure it's breaking the law. Put it this way is it was me deciding the fate of your account, I'd give you a perma ban.

F FlipTeck Your case is easy, if sombody is annoying you report then block. I just saved you a 24 suspension.

Just think before you you say anything, would you want to be on the other side?
And because I can't say this enough. Just because the game is rated for 18+ does NOT give you the divine right to swear.
End of rant.
What' Hazell said is not breaking the law, unless the kid actually did it, just as a slight correction to you. Other wise I'll agree with you, just cause it's 18+ doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want. Then again if people can't deal with profanity than they should just invite their friends to a party and not worry about what is being said outside of it.

Daniel37Parker

Daniel37Parker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It is and i quote "If anyone incites or encourages or commits an act to encourage suicide they have commited a very serious criminal offense which carries up to 14 year in prison and a unlimited fine" your milage may variey UK. And second why should the people who don't like swearing have to make a party.
I play multiplayer games to meet new people can't do that in parties. And it's not the rare ow ***k I do it my self. 10 mins ago I was in a black ops3 lobby and there was sombody saying
(Shut the F up you mother Fin c**ksucking hillbillie go kill your self f****t)
And yes I did report him. There is no reason to act like this.

Going to end it there.

Marvelous

Marvelous

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Grammar Nazi Stickied Bright Idea
Reaction score
Sin$
I feel that the Xbox ET is unfair. I was raging at a troll onCoD. For making my team lose by killing himself repeatedly. I initially told him "F_ck you" for commiting suicide over and over to make my team lose, which resulted in my first ban. I don't understand why MS is banning people for swearing on an M rated game. After that ban, I kept swearing at an all time low and exactly 2 months later, I got a second ban for seemingly no reason. I did not plug in my mic nor send out hate mail. This goes to show that the XBLET do not go in depth to investigate if I had even sworn. I feel that the XBLET may be corrupt or purely unfair. Here's why. After I commented about a 13 year old who wouldn't join out party, he denied the fact that he was unsporting and got his 17 year old friend to talk to me. I did not expect him to use obscenities at me, but he did. He told me "F_ck you, my d_ck is bigger than KK." I understand that GTA V is an M rated game and there's swearing everywhere. And just this week, I got banned from the UserVoice forums even though I had obeyed the CoC about no swearing and spamming. I only used profanity because I was trying to convey the message that some random kid sent me. For a multi billion dollar company, it's a shame that their ET consists of kids and bots. It's no wonder why many Xbox veterans are gravitating towards Sony and the PlayStation Network. In the long run, Communication Bans and the ET will be the downfall of Xbox. I don't understand why I get banned and the aforementioned players don't get any sort of ban. The ET hould be more worried about modders, hackers, cheaters and trolls. Trash talk is part of the game. The mute button is there for a reason. It's not a decoration. It's meant to be used.
Here is some advice. Invite them to party, cuss them out, kick them. It will catch them off guard, and xbox can't listen. Otherwise send them lowkey insults that are not vulgar. ""How did you get master prestige? LOL" "Left stick makes you move" are some that I've sent in the past.

Daniel37Parker

Daniel37Parker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Got even better advice ignore them. Or have some people got this sadistic mindset and have to go out there way to say bad things about total strangers. quiz me this would you say that stuff if they were standing in front of you. I'm done here.

Sallos

Sallos

Stickied Mythical Veteran Bug Finder
Reaction score
Sin$
I think the enforcement team and communication suspensions/bans are just fine. Just because the game is rated "M" or "18+" doesn't make it ok to swear at people.
The only people who have a problem with the enforcement team are the ones who have been punished for violating the rules.

Reynolds

Reynolds

Retired
Retired
Services Mr. Nice Guy Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
It is and i quote "If anyone incites or encourages or commits an act to encourage suicide they have commited a very serious criminal offense which carries up to 14 year in prison and a unlimited fine" your milage may variey UK. And second why should the people who don't like swearing have to make a party.
I play multiplayer games to meet new people can't do that in parties. And it's not the rare ow ***k I do it my self. 10 mins ago I was in a black ops3 lobby and there was sombody saying
(Shut the F up you mother Fin c**ksucking hillbillie go kill your self f****t)
And yes I did report him. There is no reason to act like this.

Going to end it there.
Telling somebody to kill himself/herself is not a crime. There are two crimes, however, that could be in play if their conduct escalates, becomes more severe, or is repeated over a long period of time. At this point, neither of these crimes has been committed, but these crimes could potentially be charged, depending on the facts, if things became more serious. The police and/or the DA would decide whether her/his conduct falls within the definitions of these crimes.

(1) If a person, intending to harass, annoy or alarm another person, "engages in a course of conduct or repeatedly commits acts which alarm or seriously annoy such other person and which serve no legitimate purpose," that person could be charged with Harassment in the Second Degree (Penal Law 240.26 [3]).

(2) If a person, intending to harass, annoy, threaten or alarm another person, contacts that other person by telephone, text message, email, mail, or any other form of written communication "in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm" to that other person, that person could be charged with Aggravated Harassment in the Second Degree (Penal Law 240.30 [1]).

Here you go mate.

Spy

Spy

Fifa <3
Reaction score
Sin$
I got my account banned which had Hundred dollars worth of games downloaded to it. Max rank on reach, h4, bo1 , bo2 more.
I believe in equality and im not racist. Yes These kids on Reach lost and rang up M$ and spammed reported me for foul language and racism.

Daniel37Parker

Daniel37Parker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Reynolds Reynolds That may be the case in the US, but english law says it is illegal. That's why I put your "milage may variey" UK. And a few people have been jailed, don't belive me google it just use the uk site .co.uk

Saturday Night

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I personally believe if you get a ban or temp suspension, it was probably deserved.

Mute bans on the other hand.....

aSavTV

aSavTV

Reaction score
Sin$
I just got suspended today for 1 week but I deserved it. I said some very heart crushing things. So it was fair in my case.

Ruku

Ruku

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
When I tried applying for a case review, it gave me a questionare which I passed, and after submiting for a review, it said,

Uh oh... that should not have happened.
It appears you have found a glitch in the system. Please try again later.

I was forced to do the questionare again and the same thing happened. Eventually I was unable to do anymore questionare's. I found that to be highly unfair. Microsoft have too much of a grip on things and should lighten up.

Mad Monkaay

Mad Monkaay

Hoster||Youtuber||Xbox/Ps Support
Legendary Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
My Xbox One Was Banned And I've Been Waiting A Week To See Why,Have I Asked To Get Unbanned No All I Asked Is Why I'm Banned And Xbox Keep Bsing Me

LINK TO THREAT Can't get one answer

Top Bottom
Login
Register