What's new

Discussion Your thoughts on the campaign?

• Thread starter Deadpool
  • Start date
  • Views 1,288
Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Fabled Veteran Beginning of An Odyssey Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
I just finished it (heroic, solo) and I loved it. Took me roughly 10 or so hours, but I grabbed intel and skulls as I went along. It's one of my favorite campaigns in my opinion. At first I was rather turned off at the idea of not playing as Chief the whole time, or most of the time for that matter. But as I played I didn't mind it at all. The story still revolves around him and Cortana, regardless of who's viewpoint you're seeing it from. I really liked the interactions between Locke and Chief, though I don't want to spoil them. The Warden was a badass boss as well. Overall I'm really looking forward to how 6 ties it all together. How did you guys feel about it?

Cortana reminded me of Anakin in RoTS. How he "went crazy" and started to take over the galaxy. It was a constant comparison I felt through the last missions on the Genesis planet where Cortana is talking about the peace she will bring to the universe, while at the same time killing tons and tons.

S

Sketch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I enjoyed it! However, I only found the beginning and ending of the game to contain the best parts of what makes a Halo game.
It seems that some missions feel empty and the missions where you walk around for an objective really... it feels pointless and I would've preferred a cut-scene as the game lacked in that area as well. But it was fun!

Personally, I don't like the writer of Halo 5. He isn't the very best and his work on Spartan Ops and when he took over Escalation was absolutely atrocious and he should really be replaced. If he's writing Halo 6... I'm going to be worried. I hope Joseph Staten has some sort of involvement as he's been back at Microsoft and writing Halo content.

I'm also curious on how people complete the game so quickly. It took me so long on Legendary that I thought it would take at least 8 hours on normal but it seems people just skip the fights.

I was considering making a video or something explaining what has happened to Cortana and try and explain to new players about the current situation that's going on. But we'll see.

Im Da Best

Im Da Best

The next best thing...
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Bright Idea Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
I loved the campaign.
Really kept me interested and actually wanting to keep playing.

It could've used a little more Master Chief and some more fighting between him and Locke, but overall I liked it.

Sanctum

Sanctum

That Halo Fanboy
Grammar Nazi Mr. Nice Guy Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Enjoyed the campaign so much, enjoying it even more now on Legendary.

Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I like how the campaign is focused on multiple and not just on master chief. But I'm only on the 5th mission so I( have gotten very far, but overall i'm enjoying it.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I liked the campaign, but then I started to read reviews and what not about the campaign and truly realized just how pointless it was. Like literally, we did nothing to change the outcome of the game. Almost every mission could have been skipped and the end result would have still be the same. Shoot, 117 and Locke could have just gone home that day and never showed up for work and the result would have been the same. Gamesradar said it very nicely. Basically, 343 knew what they wanted to happen, wanted to show cortana as the villain, and only needed about an hour work of gameplay to tell that. So, they created all these random planets you go to to do absolutely nothing to change any outcome in the game, just to fill time.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
I liked the campaign, but then I started to read reviews and what not about the campaign and truly realized just how pointless it was. Like literally, we did nothing to change the outcome of the game. Almost every mission could have been skipped and the end result would have still be the same. Shoot, 117 and Locke could have just gone home that day and never showed up for work and the result would have been the same. Gamesradar said it very nicely. Basically, 343 knew what they wanted to happen, wanted to show cortana as the villain, and only needed about an hour work of gameplay to tell that. So, they created all these random planets you go to to do absolutely nothing to change any outcome in the game, just to fill time.
Well if Locke and the rest of the team didn't get the mission done, Chief and the others would still be with Cortana.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if Locke and the rest of the team didn't get the mission done, Chief and the others would still be with Cortana.

Again, if 117 wasn't there it wouldn't have mattered. She still would have left just like she did.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Again, if 117 wasn't there it wouldn't have mattered. She still would have left just like she did.
Well the warden would still be alive and the covenant would be thriving. Arbiter also could have died without Osiris's help.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Well the warden would still be alive and the covenant would be thriving. Arbiter also could have died without Osiris's help.

Let's be honest here, what did the Warden do? Cortana shut him offline every time he actually tried to do anything; he has no power. Yeah, the Arbiter could have died I will give you that but how did that change the story in Halo 5 at all?

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Let's be honest here, what did the Warden do? Cortana shut him offline every time he actually tried to do anything; he has no power. Yeah, the Arbiter could have died I will give you that but how did that change the story in Halo 5 at all?
It affects the role the covenant has as well as whatever role Arbiter and the Elites will have in Halo 6.

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It affects the role the covenant has as well as whatever role Arbiter and the Elites will have in Halo 6.

I agree to that, I'm just saying as far as answering the questions, "What did I accomplish in Halo 5?", "Did whatever I do change anything?", most of the answers will be not much and not really. When you break the story down to core elements and go over everything it's really a shame that 343 couldn't come up with a better story that actually mattered.

BreakdowN v2

BreakdowN v2

VIP
Retired
End of the Year 2012 End of the Year 2016 End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh, I like how the dialog how developed greatly, but I am not diggin on where they're going with Cortana.

Deadpool

Deadpool

Politically Incorrect
Retired
Lifetime
Reaction score
Sin$
Eh, I like how the dialog how developed greatly, but I am not diggin on where they're going with Cortana.
I didn't expect Cortana to have half the involvement she did.

X

xl 8uTcH3r lx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really liked it. And I like it because you can't have the chief saving the human race every single game. When Cortana pops up on the infinity! Sheeeeeet. Pumped for the H6 story.

FlossinRod

FlossinRod

Addicted To Streaming
Reaction score
Sin$
Honestly I loved the Campaign, especially when you punt a grunt off the edge of map for a skull. The game was pumped up, until the end was very held back. I wanted it to be awesome, but at the end it was very plain.

Top Bottom
Login
Register