Your thoughts on Dying Light.

SurF

SurF

Seasoned Member
Fabled Veteran Hardened Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
To purchase or not to purchase....

Let's here your opinion on the game. Is it worth the $60? I'm in need of a new game. Should I buy this one or wait for Evolve/Hardline?

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Seasoned Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
If you are on a fixed income I think it would come down to what time of game you like. Are you a dead island fan? If so you would love dying light. Are you a Left for dead fan or any kind of shooter? Then Evolve is your best bet.
I wasent able to play Dying light for more than a few minutes at a time or even enough to tell if it was good. But most people who have played it said it was a great game. I have played Evolve and already payed it off and it was easily one of my favorite shooter games I have ever played, and a lot of people said it was amazing also!

Th3-Chronikk

Th3-Chronikk

Hacker Of All Game Systems
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
To purchase or not to purchase....

Let's here your opinion on the game. Is it worth the $60? I'm in need of a new game. Should I buy this one or wait for Evolve/Hardline?
It's a great game so far, definitely purchase

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
On another note IMO its a really nice upgraded zombie game, but in the end thats all it is. The new Dead island is coming out later this year and im sure a handfull of other zombie games aswell. Personally After the videos I watched on Dying light, the few minutes of gameplay I tested, and its reviews, I would have to say it isn't anything special that wont be surpassed within a month or two. Evolve is a new unique game, and I can't speak for hardline but I imagine thats going to be good too.IMO there both going to amount to much more than dying light because as I mentioned its just another zombie game.

K L A W

K L A W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I preordered dying light, and I've played it quite a bit. It's alright, but in my opinion there is absolutely nothing special about it. They could have done a lot more to make it more enjoyable (and the storyline is absolute garbage IMO)

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
I preordered dying light, and I've played it quite a bit. It's alright, but in my opinion there is absolutely nothing special about it. They could have done a lot more to make it more enjoyable (and the storyline is absolute garbage IMO)

I only wish I would have done more research before I bought it, because sadly its just a upgraded zombie game but nothing more.

K L A W

K L A W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I only wish I would have done more research before I bought it, because sadly its just a upgraded zombie game but nothing more.
I couldn't agree more. It's alright but definitely not something I'm going to play consistently. IMO it's not worth the $60, if anyone is considering buying it I'd say wait until it goes on sell in a couple months because of its vast unpopularity with the community.

All in all I'd give it a 5.5/10. The graphics are great though :smile:

X

XxCrazyPersonxX

Reaction score
Sin$
I couldn't agree more. It's alright but definitely not something I'm going to play consistently. IMO it's not worth the $60, if anyone is considering buying it I'd say wait until it goes on sell in a couple months because of its vast unpopularity with the community.

All in all I'd give it a 5.5/10. The graphics are great though :smile:
I couldn't say much for the graphics besides the fact they gave me motion sickness and I wanted to throw up. I can't even speak for the game play much because the same reason.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Mythical Veteran Fabled Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you people forgetting Co-op play? I've been playing Co-op with some buddies of mine and we are having a blast. I really enjoyed dead island for it's Co-op (one of my all time favorites quotes that I said was made during Dead Island) and Dying Light is a huge improvement over Dead Island.

Dying Light + CO-OP = A blast, but only if you enjoyed Dead Island. It's what Dead Island should have been but they just couldn't make it with the last gen tech.

At the very least I'd say rent it or buy it pre-owned if you aren't sure. For me, it was well worth $70 (I'm in Canada).

50 Pence

50 Pence

❤Emma Roberts + Odeya Rush❤
10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy Services
Reaction score
Sin$
Im in UK got digital copy expecting to play on 27/01/15 and suprise xbox and techland screw it up now cant play untill 30th and on top of that xbox one live is down

Last edited:
K L A W

K L A W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you people forgetting Co-op play? I've been playing Co-op with some buddies of mine and we are having a blast. I really enjoyed dead island for it's Co-op (one of my all time favorites quotes that I said was made during Dead Island) and Dying Light is a huge improvement over Dead Island.

Dying Light + CO-OP = A blast, but only if you enjoyed Dead Island. It's what Dead Island should have been but they just couldn't make it with the last gen tech.

At the very least I'd say rent it or buy it pre-owned if you aren't sure. For me, it was well worth $70 (I'm in Canada).

It is more fun in co-op. survival is fun, but they really should have added more content to the game itself, and made the storyline not complete garbage.

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
It is more fun in co-op. survival is fun, but they really should have added more content to the game itself, and made the storyline not complete garbage.
I'm digging the story so far. Yeah the game has a lot of fetch quests, but at least the gameplay is fun. At least it has a better story than Dead Island.

Crash

Crash

Maniac
EotM Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm digging the story so far. Yeah the game has a lot of fetch quests, but at least the gameplay is fun. At least it has a better story than Dead Island.
I couldn't stand some of the fetch quests on Dead Island, are they anything similar on Dying Light?

Spooze

Spooze

Xbox Achievement Whore
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I couldn't stand some of the fetch quests on Dead Island, are they anything similar on Dying Light?
Pretty much just go from point A to point B. I don't mind the fetch quests because they are fun, and with the parkour it makes it really more enjoyable to move around.

K L A W

K L A W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, anything is a better story than Dead Island :tongue:, that game was the biggest disappointment ever to me, I was so psyched about its release and then it was awful after about 2 hours imo.

Dying Light isn't terrible, but IMO isn't a $59.99 title... it shoulda been $59.99 w/ the season pass included!

veteran420

veteran420

Reaction score
Sin$
imagine assassins creed mix with dead island, except better.. i was kinda irritated because i thought i nearly beat the game in one nite. lol. but then a whole new area opened up. so im liking this game.. only downside that's bothering me right now is the multilayer part.. no ones yet to join mine and i have it open etc.. ive played on peoples servers tho.. so all is well just theirs only a "quick match" option..

Top Bottom
Login
Register