• Views 1,918
Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
HALO 3
.map Project

Ok, so if you have a JTAG or a Dev, and your working on something truly awesome, or have an idea but lack the capability; Post it here! That way, you can keep the community updated, and also request help...

I have added my idea to the first post... For the rest of the projects I will permanlink them each, for easy access...

You will see that in my post I have coloured the issues;
Red being Important
Yellow being Moderate
And Green being Minor..

Feel free to do that aswell and I look forward to reading your ideas. Feel free to attach pictures/videos.

Resources:

There is a thread already set up with a few tutorials on how to do some simple, yet effective stuff; Follow the Link:
Link

Projects:

Glitch100- Sigma

Lewis4- Glass Sandtrap
-Download: Patch

(I will update this section whenever new projects are added)

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I've made a glass sandtrap. Will post results after i have tested it.

We need to make a mod that no one has though of before

EDIT:

Tested it earlier today and it has just made everything invisible. I'll make another one later today

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I will add your project... Post any updates :wink:
I'm just updating mine now..

J

JoeThePianoMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
whoa... you can do that (refering to the call-down strike)? do you mind posting the .map or patchdat? I've been looking for something like that forever, and its about time someone did something!

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeThePianoMan said:
whoa... you can do that (refering to the call-down strike)? do you mind posting the .map or patchdat? I've been looking for something like that forever, and its about time someone did something!

I've made one like that before. Just you have no way of aiming where it fires (well very little)

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lewie4 said:
I've made one like that before. Just you have no way of aiming where it fires (well very little)

That's the point... I'm attempting to make that... Messing with coordinates and everything..

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It's in progress. I will when I have something solid to give out.

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeThePianoMan said:
can you upload the .patchdat or even the .map?

I dont have mine anymore but i will make another one soon

@Glitch 100

U wanna play on xlink kai some time?

J

JoeThePianoMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
also, just wondering, wouldn't you be able to mod the .map so the top boundry is gone, place an item in at the top of the map where the bomb strike will start, convert the .usermap to .map, then mod the map so that spawned item is actually a bomb-like thing?

Lewie4

Lewie4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeThePianoMan said:
also, just wondering, wouldn't you be able to mod the .map so the top boundry is gone, place an item in at the top of the map where the bomb strike will start, convert the .usermap to .map, then mod the map so that spawned item is actually a bomb-like thing?

What do you mean?

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
JoeThePianoMan said:

I could have an item as a placeholder for a artillery strike; but it would only fire once. I want something on demand.

and @Lewie4 , It doesn't work with windows 7 does it?

J

JoeThePianoMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hmm.... well can some one at least tell me what stuff i will have to change to get the effect of a "bomb"?

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You could edit the effect itself; the explosion. Or the Pyramid damage on the projectile itself :wink:

J

JoeThePianoMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
haha sorry i'm a complete n00b and kinda new to this stuff; where would i edit the projectile damage, effect on map structures, and the explosion? I mean i know i use alteration but where do i find the tags to edit?

Glitch100

Glitch100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well you clearly don't use alteration...
Open a map.
All those 'folders' as it were; are what you want to look in...
PROJ is Projectiles etc..
Go in there, look for the specific projectile. It's not hard. Give it a try.

dontmockme360

dontmockme360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, i have had this idea since 2008 now, i wanted to make a Summer Avalanche, take out all the snow and ice and put grass and rock or mud you know and maybe make the sky clear and put a sun out there. Im gonna start work on that tomorrow.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Can't wait to see the artilery strike mod if you can get it to work.

As for posting the .map, it's not allowed. Don't post it or you will get an infraction or possible ban. You are only allowed to post patches.

lx leo xl

lx leo xl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Twis7eD said:
Can't wait to see the artilery strike mod if you can get it to work.

As for posting the .map, it's not allowed. Don't post it or you will get an infraction or possible ban. You are only allowed to post patches.
Its so damm simple, proj tag-> projectile spawn or wahtever-> Z value set it to 99 and it will spawn from the sky.

T

Twis7eD

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
lx leo xl said:
Its so damm simple, proj tag-> projectile spawn or wahtever-> Z value set it to 99 and it will spawn from the sky.
It seems like it would be, but I don't .map mod Halo 3. The most modding I do is just playing already made .map mods for Halo 2. I was thinking about starting to .map mod H2 or H3 though. It's still a cool concept no matter how simple it is though. Especially if you can make it look good.

Top Bottom
Login
Register