What's new

Question yellow and green light flashes on reboot but boots up fine?

• Thread starter Adatiel
  • Start date
  • Views 655
Adatiel

Adatiel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
PS3 boots up fine but flashes yellow and green light? i put fan utility mod on for a good 10 minutes before playing so its well and truly cool When i boot up it goes to about 70-80 degrees so im not sure if thats causing it? is this a issue and will it kill my ps3 if i dont do anything about it? it started happening after i unmounted battlefield 4 with Webman or whatevs its called, then went to play gta 5 with disc version but got black screen and wasnt responding, so i had to power it off from the back, boots up fine though and everything seems to be working ok ?

I rebooted it twice and same thing but still boots up,

is this a part of my firmware and ive never just noticed it or is it a warning of some sort?

xXBeefyDjXx

xXBeefyDjXx

Long time Sinner
Administrator
Hidden Devils
MotM 10th Anniversary Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
PS3 boots up fine but flashes yellow and green light? i put fan utility mod on for a good 10 minutes before playing so its well and truly cool When i boot up it goes to about 70-80 degrees so im not sure if thats causing it? is this a issue and will it kill my ps3 if i dont do anything about it? it started happening after i unmounted battlefield 4 with Webman or whatevs its called, then went to play gta 5 with disc version but got black screen and wasnt responding, so i had to power it off from the back, boots up fine though and everything seems to be working ok ?

is this a part of my firmware and ive never just noticed it or is it a warning of some sort?
Try reinstalling firmware BUT did you do the check for errors thing it shows if you turn it off on the back? if you did then chances are it could be the thermal paste. replace that jist to be sure :wink:

NotJordon

NotJordon

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$

Its deffo getting warm, my CECHK03 will hit 90c on the CPU if i don't have control fan on and that will make it turn off after a while. Have you replaced the thermal paste ontop of and under the IHS?

ZinqHD

ZinqHD

Reaction score
Sin$
I Brought A Laptop Fan Off Ebay, You Place Ur PS3 Ontop, Pluf In Via USB And Boom Works Perfectly
My JB Runs At 50-60 Degrees On The CPU

NotJordon

NotJordon

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I Brought A Laptop Fan Off Ebay, You Place Ur PS3 Ontop, Pluf In Via USB And Boom Works Perfectly
My JB Runs At 50-60 Degrees On The CPU
Not much use for PS3's really seeing as the ventilation is on the sides and rear. Will knock it down a few degress but i wouldn't say its worth the cash.

Top Bottom
Login
Register