• Views 17,201
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

noob25x

Reaction score
Sin$
[Click here to view this link]
xvdtool is a utility coded in C# to manipulate Xbox One XVD (and XVC) packages.

It can print detailed info about package headers, resign, rehash, en/decrypt and verify data integrity of a package, it can also convert (some, but not all) decrypted XVD files to VHD.

Useless for 90% of people since the retail keys haven't been found yet, but developers should find it useful since a lot of the XVD headers have been mapped and methods reversed.

Doesn't include any encryption keys for dev-signed files, but md5sums are provided if you want to find them yourself.

Also included is some work I've been doing on the Xbox One NAND, so far I've only got one image to look at though, if anyone has a dumped NAND and wants to help out my email is noob25x at gmail.

Enjoy :biggrin:

Last edited:
XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik

Contributor
Programmer Modder Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Absolutely beatiful, amazing work, seriously nice job. love that it's in c#.

N

noob25x

Reaction score
Sin$
Absolutely beatiful, amazing work, seriously nice job. love that it's in c#.

Thanks :smile: It started out as a simple tool to remove hash trees from the package so I could mount them, but evolved into something much bigger :biggrin:

There's a lot of people to thank for helping make this too but I'm not sure if they want to be named, they know who they are though I'm sure :wink:

Right now I'm interested in looking into the Xbox One NAND, got some initial work done (which is also included in the github) but haven't really gotten far since I've only got one NAND image to look at...

If anyone wants to help out I'll gladly accept any materials people can share, my email is noob25x at gmail (anything shared will be kept private and only used for research of course)

Last edited:
Sinconic HD

Sinconic HD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice Bro :thumbsup:
Ha and this is only weeks in of the leak, I'll give it about 2 months and we will begin to see the essence of this console being exploited.

Dwack

Dwack

Now employed at Dominoes!
Experienced Veteran Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice Bro :thumbsup:
Ha and this is only weeks in of the leak, I'll give it about 2 months and we will begin to see the essence of this console being exploited.

Pretty sure this was being worked on before the leak.

Wombarly

Wombarly

Reaction score
Sin$
Nice! Im glad that people are sharing their findings with the public now that the SDK has leaked.

Should have a place to list all useful tools released. Maybe on the wiki?

N

noob25x

Reaction score
Sin$
Pretty sure this was being worked on before the leak.
Yeah started this like early December, was going to release for new year but the SDK leak made me think more about it, decided to make it open source since other people could help with it now.

Nice! Im glad that people are sharing their findings with the public now that the SDK has leaked.

Should have a place to list all useful tools released. Maybe on the wiki?
I'm hoping xdevwiki fixes their captcha system soon since I got some info to put up there, not really sure who the admin is though.

Wombarly

Wombarly

Reaction score
Sin$
I'm hoping xdevwiki fixes their captcha system soon since I got some info to put up there, not really sure who the admin is though.

If we do not know who owns it wouldnt it be better to create a new wiki, with an active admin?

Kebob

Kebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is some great work! I might want to write up this tool in C++ just because I enjoy that language more and maybe add a gui to it. Would that be alright N noob25x ? It would be open source of course

N

noob25x

Reaction score
Sin$
This is some great work! I might want to write up this tool in C++ just because I enjoy that language more and maybe add a gui to it. Would that be alright N noob25x ? It would be open source of course
For sure! Was going to start on a rewrite myself but haven't had the time, I'd be happy to see others working on one though.
The only thing I ask is that you keep it open source like you said, and GPL2 since it'd be a derivative. If you find anything else out I'd appreciate sending that back upstream too.

Last edited:
Kebob

Kebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
For sure! Was going to start on a rewrite myself but haven't had the time, I'd be happy to see others working on one though.
The only thing I ask is that you keep it open source like you said, and GPL2 since it'd be a derivative. If you find anything else out I'd appreciate sending that back upstream too.

Yes of course, the mounting that I did goes by the same license as I also want to keep it open source. If I find out anything else I will let you know. Since you organized everything pretty well it will work well with a GUI once I translate it. I was also wondering if you had a mounting feature in the app since I couldn't find anything about it when I was looking through the github on my phone.

Generous Liker

Generous Liker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I cant get this to work, when I run app it opens cmd then instantly closes??

XBLToothPik

XBLToothPik

Contributor
Programmer Modder Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
I cant get this to work, when I run app it opens cmd then instantly closes??

Are you using with command line? You have to build the solution in MSVS and run the compiled programs using a command line.

N

noob25x

Reaction score
Sin$
If we do not know who owns it wouldnt it be better to create a new wiki, with an active admin?

Sorry missed your post, it'd be better to use something that's already being hosted imo instead of setting up everything again and needing another person to admin it. I think xdevwiki's admin is inactive just because there hasn't been much happening in a while, hopefully they'll come back soon and fix it so we can start updating the info there.

Yes of course, the mounting that I did goes by the same license as I also want to keep it open source. If I find out anything else I will let you know. Since you organized everything pretty well it will work well with a GUI once I translate it. I was also wondering if you had a mounting feature in the app since I couldn't find anything about it when I was looking through the github on my phone.

Awesome, well I was thinking of including stuff to mount but decided against using any imports/code from the SDK, the XVD -> VHD conversion is a good substitute but doesn't seem to work with all XVDs :frown: (VHD driver doesn't like NTFS filesystems which use 4k sectors, and it seems like newer XVC packages all use 4k sectors... not sure about newer OS updates though, older ones seem to use 512 bytes and work fine to mount)

I did reverse how xsapi.dll talks to the xvdd driver though, maybe I'll add that code later on since it doesn't need any imports from the SDK, just needs the xvdd driver installed. I'm not sure if it'd work very well in C# though since I couldn't even get the xsapi functions working properly with it, they only seemed to work in C++...

Network Auditor

Network Auditor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
[Click here to view this link]

Useless for 90% of people since the retail keys haven't been found yet, but developers should find it useful since a lot of the XVD headers have been mapped and methods reversed.

Doesn't include any encryption keys for dev-signed files, but md5sums are provided if you want to find them yourself.

Enjoy :biggrin:

Wow... This is amazing to read. I'm glad to see progress on the xbox internals not just people complaining about not finding the retail keys.
<3 <3 <3

Last edited:
L

Legend

I'm Legen.... Wait for it... DARY ツ
Frame In Gold Mr. Nice Guy A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
This is great. Kinda useless at the moment, but once the retail keys are found.... Woah :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register