What's new

Solved Xport360 recovered my savegames but many are corrupted. Is there anything I can do?

V

Verve

Reaction score
Sin$
The situation is this I accidentally deleted my gamertag WITH my savegames also. I immediately removed the memory card they were stored on and did not use it while I waited for my xport 360 to arrive in the mail. I got the xport 360 yesterday and had it up and running in a few minutes with the 2.21 update. I immediately backed up the card first thing and went into undelete mode and dragged and dropped the offending profile out and back in xport. Problem solved, right? Wrong!

Many of my savegames (A lvl 50 Soldier in Borderlands and all my Mass Effect 1 completion saves among many others) are corrupted when I boot up their respective games. Is there anything I can do at this point? I should note that this 360 is unmodded and a step by step tutorial would be much appreciated. I have scoured google but most search finds don't apply here. Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Re: Xport360 recovered my savegames but many are corrupted. Is there anything I can d

In many file systems, when you have to recover a file that has been deleted, the file will often be corrupt. There is never a 100% recover rate. There is nothing you can do about it. Try to salvage what you can.

V

Verve

Reaction score
Sin$
Re: Xport360 recovered my savegames but many are corrupted. Is there anything I can d

Thanks for the quick reply Eaton. I guess I may be SOL. I was hoping someone would point me to some magical hex editing tutorial that applied to this case... Oh well, thank you for your honesty as much as it stings :wink:

Eaton

Eaton

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Verve said:
Thanks for the quick reply Eaton. I guess I may be SOL. I was hoping someone would point me to some magical hex editing tutorial that applied to this case... Oh well, thank you for your honesty as much as it stings :wink:

Sorry, I know how it feels. But like on a PC, once a file is deleted, it can be very difficult to recover it completely. Be careful in the future and make periodic backups of your profile like I do.:wink:

V

Verve

Reaction score
Sin$

Point duly noted. Now that I have the means to do backups I most certainly will do so frequently. Thanks again for everything.

Top Bottom
Login
Register