What's new

Solved Xport, Modio and Transfer Cable help?

• Thread starter Blackicee32oz
  • Start date
  • Views 3,379
B

Blackicee32oz

Reaction score
Sin$
I have my transfer cable hooked to my PC. I cannot get Modio or Xport to find it. I don't get the FATX error. It just won't detect it at all. I am running Vista and have the latest versions of all software and a 20GB HDD. Can anyone please help?

S

shaneee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also try wiggling the TC on your HDD. The 20G HDD's are a b**** to get working on TC's. It took me literatly like 15 trys to get it going.
Goodluck though.

S

shaneee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Go to control panel > click user accounts > diable or enable what ever the oposite is.
The UAC controls wouldn't have anything to do with it at this point.

The UAC controls just diasbales the ability to copy and paste whatever your modding to your HDD.
His issuse is connectong his HDD to his pc.

I have had this same problem on several occasions.

Just gotta mess with it a bit.
Eventually you will get it.
If anything check out some TUTS.

Search: "connecting 20G HDD to pc"
Or something along those lines.

STRATEGIZER

STRATEGIZER

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
you need these MU driver's installed for your PC/xport/xplorer/modio to pick up or read them properly !

http://www.mediafire.com/?mlzknvmjwmy

Installing a X360 MemCard:

This is for the people who say they have the-
"Could Not Find The FATX Drive" Message Appear.

-First Off, select 'Device Manager', scroll down to 'Other devices' and click on the + symbol beside it

-Right click on 'Memory Unit' and select 'Update Driver...'. If asked whether you want to connect to Windows Update select 'No, not this time' and then click 'Next'. On the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)'

-On the next screen select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install.' This should launch the hardware update wizard. Scroll down to 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' which appears near the bottom of the list

-On the next screen check that 'USB Mass Storage Device' is highlighted and select 'Next'. If a 'Update Driver Warning' appears select 'Yes':

-Windows will now install the driver. Once this is complete the new hardware wizard will appear again. Click cancel when it does. If you now scroll back up to 'Other devices' you will notice that 'Memory Unit' has been removed and 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device' has appeared in it's place:

-Now similar to before right click on 'MSFT Memory Unit USB Device'. If asked whether you want to use Windows Update again select 'No, not this time' then on the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific location (Advanced). Then after clicking 'Next' select 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' You should now be back at the 'Hardware Update Wizard'. Near the top of the list should be the hardware type 'Disk drives', select this option and click 'Next':

-Check '(Standard Disk Drives)' is highlighted under manufacturer and 'Disc Drive' under model and then click 'Next'. If you get the 'Update Driver Warning' select 'yes':

-You can then click finish and close 'Device Manager'. Your memory card reader is now installed.

***I didn't make this tutorial, i Simply Copy and Pasted with Minimal editing. Original Copy at (360gamesaves.com)***

Top Bottom
Login
Register