Solved Xploring the Xbox 360

• Thread starter Xx360xX Sniper
  • Start date
  • Views 438
Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a pair of older Xbox 360's and was just looking to do a few things with them now that it seems there is a lot more to do with them than there was 3-4 years ago. Here are some questions I have...

My first XBOX is a 60GB "fat" i.e. not slim model. I am just trying to pull all the saved files off it and stash everything on a PC so I can have a fresh 60GB again. I downloaded FATXplorer but now im seeing that it is subscription based. I did work to get stuff on my PC and then back onto the xbox so thats good.

Are there any other ways that are free to get stuff off the Xbox console onto your PC?

Also I transfered the files with a 1TB External HDD I have. And let the Xbox format it, however there is a 32GB limit to the size of a partition I can make. So the rest of the drive is useless. Is there anyway to format the whole external hard drive to work with the 360? Or atleast a larger portion?

What are some good programs that format FATX?

Thanks for any help in advance

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a pair of older Xbox 360's and was just looking to do a few things with them now that it seems there is a lot more to do with them than there was 3-4 years ago. Here are some questions I have...

My first XBOX is a 60GB "fat" i.e. not slim model. I am just trying to pull all the saved files off it and stash everything on a PC so I can have a fresh 60GB again. I downloaded FATXplorer but now im seeing that it is subscription based. I did work to get stuff on my PC and then back onto the xbox so thats good.

Are there any other ways that are free to get stuff off the Xbox console onto your PC?

Also I transfered the files with a 1TB External HDD I have. And let the Xbox format it, however there is a 32GB limit to the size of a partition I can make. So the rest of the drive is useless. Is there anyway to format the whole external hard drive to work with the 360? Or atleast a larger portion?

Horizon should help you transfer the saves with ease.

I know there was a program that would allow you to format the whole 1TB of space, however it's not free nor do I think it's a thing anymore. However if the console was modded(RGH/JTAG) The whole 1TB would be plug and play.

I know that last fact doesn't help you at all, but it may be nice to know for the future :smile:

Coolockboss

Coolockboss

✪JTAG/RGH Support✪
Reaction score
Sin$

i got a 250 gb hdd the same thing happened to me when your on hdd press Y on 360 controller its should say format if it does it will ask for your console serail number write it down then go back into format type your serail number in you should be good :smile:

Cakes

Cakes

お前はもう死んでいる
VIP
Retired
Mythical Veteran Platinum Record End of the Year 2017
Reaction score
Sin$
Party Buffalo works nicely for extracting things from a Xbox Storge Unit. Whether it be USB, MU, or HDD. Once you can connect it to the computer.

Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
I know there was a program that would allow you to format the whole 1TB of space, however it's not free nor do I think it's a thing anymore. However if the console was modded(RGH/JTAG) The whole 1TB would be plug and play.

I know that last fact doesn't help you at all, but it may be nice to know for the future :smile:

I'll check out horizon I haven't heard of that one yet. And I haven't even looked into the whole RGH/JTAG deal yet. My other 360 with the 20GB HDD has the original dash board. Thats the one I would want to mod but I still want to keep the stock set up with the cool dash. Not sure if thats possible.

i got a 250 gb hdd the same thing happened to me when your on hdd press Y on 360 controller its should say format if it does it will ask for your console serail number write it down then go back into format type your serail number in you should be good :smile:

What do you mean? Like the 32GB limit deal? And are you talking about a external 250 HDD

Party Buffalo works nicely for extracting things from a Xbox Storge Unit. Whether it be USB, MU, or HDD. Once you can connect it to the computer.

Interesting. I thing I have party buffalo but I only had a version that was ment to work on the original xbox for cloning hard drives with Unleashed X. Ill check it out.

Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
Well I found some other stuff while searching but haven't tried any of it out yet.

XBOXHDM

hdd unlock wizard

xplorer360

USBfatxFORMATTER

And Chimp.

I just need a damn cable now to connect the hard drive to a laptop.

Xx360xX Sniper

Xx360xX Sniper

Reaction score
Sin$
Party buffalo worked great. FATXplorer is horrible and pulls everything proprietarily so if your trail runs out and you need to access the stuff you pulled you will have to buy it.

I have been reading up on modding the 360 and its not all clear. Different opinions in different places. Im looking to mod a console and have it be online compatible. Also looking for the ability to run GOD's/ISOs and to rip my own games to the hard drive.

I have a 2006 Console and the dashboard is 2.0.7371.0.
It has no HDMI port.
I believe it is a Xenon from what I have read on the web, judging by the power cable port.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register