[XP] Windows XP Network problem

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by stevoktm, Feb 5, 2010 with 4 replies and 271 views.

1. stevoktm

stevoktm Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Windows XP Network problem

Hi, i installed windows xp onto my computer yesterday. Previously it had vista then i installed windows 7 and now i have chosen to put XP on it due to compatability issues. However when i installed windows Xp it installed fine but when i plug in my ethernet cable the internet doesnt connect even though the little green and orange light are flashing. I have restarted and replugged in the cable many times and it still does not work. I think it is something to do with the network port or the network drivers as i cant find them on my computer. I have also searched for drivers for my network card but they are all for windows 7. Does anybody know any fixes for this? Thanks

2. Aldanga

Aldanga Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Re: Windows XP Network problem

Have you fixed this yet? It's a pretty easy fix if you know what motherboard/PC model you have.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    stevoktm

stevoktm Enthusiast

Ratings:

No i didnt end up fixing it, i just reinstalled vista :.(. I know what PC Model i have but im not too sure on the motherboard. Thanks

4. Aldanga

Aldanga Enthusiast

Ratings:

If you want to install XP, finding those network drivers is really easy. Download CPU-Z and run it and it'll tell you what motherboard you have.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    stevoktm

stevoktm Enthusiast

Ratings:

ok thanks.