• Thread starter failman94
  • Start date
  • Views 2,035
F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So it has become apparent to me and many other people I would imagine have discovered this as well, that it appears the xp cap has been raised.

Tonight I tallied a total of 196,243 exp without hitting the cap and decided to call it a day.

Tomorrow I plan to put my nose to the grindstone..... no pun intended, and find out exactly what the new cap is, at that time I will of course post it on here.

Of course, I would be appreciative if someone already knows the new cap to post it on here and save me the bother. However, if noone knows it yet, I will gladly discover tomorrow. Thanks.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Don't demand it, earn it.
Mr. Nice Guy Greeter Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
It was 150k, but I don't know for sure if they did increase it or not. I know at one point everybody thought they did with the S.O. week 3 update? I think that's it, but it was proven wrong by fat pat as he knew the cap better than anybody here lol. I do remember seeing someone say the cap was over 200k at some point.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It was 150k, but I don't know for sure if they did increase it or not. I know at one point everybody thought they did with the S.O. week 3 update? I think that's it, but it was proven wrong by fat pat as he knew the cap better than anybody here lol. I do remember seeing someone say the cap was over 200k at some point.

Yeah, well I think it just got raised again, I went from SR-111 to SR-117 + about 20k..... that is far more than 150k, so I can almost guarantee it took an increase, unless I got lucky and somehow bypassed it for a day. The question for me now is exactly how high was it raised to?

iPause

Pause Menu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, well I think it just got raised again, I went from SR-111 to SR-117 + about 20k..... that is far more than 150k, so I can almost guarantee it took an increase, unless I got lucky and somehow bypassed it for a day. The question for me now is exactly how high was it raised to?
I think you're right, I could not hit the cap and I swear I passed 150. I'm(at the moment) trying to figure out when the cap changes. I promised someone I'd do it, so I'll let you know what the cap is when I hit it. I've definitely passed 150.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
Sin$

Well we can take a rough guess based on what you've given so far. You say you went from SR-111 to SR-117 and 20k or so? Well you need 338400 to complete a specialization, and you going from these ranks means you earned probably around 180k so by this the cap is higher than 150k. We know with the 150k cap it takes 2 1/2 days of caps to complete a new specialization. With the previous rumor that it was raised to 200k, if it was true then your post would definitely back it up. BUT this is just a educated guess using your info. so it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I think you're right, I could not hit the cap and I swear I passed 150. I'm(at the moment) trying to figure out when the cap changes. I promised someone I'd do it, so I'll let you know what the cap is when I hit it. I've definitely passed 150.

Thanks alot! I'm really curious to know what the new daily xp cap is, thanks!

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well we can take a rough guess based on what you've given so far. You say you went from SR-111 to SR-117 and 20k or so? Well you need 338400 to complete a specialization, and you going from these ranks means you earned probably around 180k so by this the cap is higher than 150k. We know with the 150k cap it takes 2 1/2 days of caps to complete a new specialization. With the previous rumor that it was raised to 200k, if it was true then your post would definitely back it up. BUT this is just a educated guess using your info. so it shouldn't be taken too seriously.

makes sense. I think you may be right, however, either me or Pause Menu will probably know soon enough via actual testing and will share it on here. But the 200k figure you gave is probably awfully close. I couldn't imagine 343 would put the cap higher than 250k. That would speed things up too much. And coming from me, (who dislikes extremely long exp-based ranking systems, ie reach) thats saying something.

iPause

Pause Menu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Geez, if this is true, it would literally take less then 2 days to rank a specialization. It could be possible, I don't understand why they wouldn't announce it though.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Geez, if this is true, it would literally take less then 2 days to rank a specialization. It could be possible, I don't understand why they wouldn't announce it though.

agreed. I thought the 150k cap was actually perfect. However, I guess we will soon find out, how is your progress going?

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
Sin$

Probably to keep people playing, I mean with recent results on population of H4 after the whole code situation and the recent major releases, I wouldn't be surprised if 343i actually is starting to sweat lol.

iPause

Pause Menu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
agreed. I thought the 150k cap was actually perfect. However, I guess we will soon find out, how is your progress going?
Heh, taking a short Se7ensins break. I'll be going back on in 10-20 minutes.
Probably to keep people playing, I mean with recent results on population of H4 after the whole code situation and the recent major releases, I wouldn't be surprised if 343i actually is starting to sweat lol.
To keep people playing? This will speed up the ranking process dramatically, people will hit 130 faster, and the game will get boring after 130. True I see how the population died after the first two weeks, but doing this will make it go down more once people hit the highest rank.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
Sin$
iPause iPause Sorry lol I wasn't the clearest :tongue:. I meant they didn't tell or announce it to keep people playing. Why they would even increase it, I agree, I couldn't imagine.:biggrin:

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Heh, taking a short Se7ensins break. I'll be going back on in 10-20 minutes.
To keep people playing? This will speed up the ranking process dramatically, people will hit 130 faster, and the game will get boring after 130. True I see how the population died after the first two weeks, but doing this will make it go down more once people hit the highest rank.

For me it will keep me playing longer. Grinding is boring, gaining exp is boring. Playing MM is fun, gaining skill is fun, gaining skill ranks is fun. I'm all for massively high skill ranks (so long as they aren't part of in game rank- or they can be it doesn't matter either way) however, massively high exp ranks I utterly despise. SR1-130 is perfect in my opinion as far as exp ranks go. (with a 150k daily cap anyway....) CSR ftw, but I really hope they don't add stupid amounts of new ranks, just more specializations from time to time but not all that often.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
iPause iPause Sorry lol I wasn't the clearest :tongue:. I meant they didn't tell or announce it to keep people playing. Why they would even increase it, I agree, I couldn't imagine.:biggrin:

While I previously mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of massive exp ranks, I do think for this ranking system, raising the cap above 150k is a little absurd.

Still wanna know what it is now though just for giggles.

iPause

Pause Menu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ah, I see lol, my bad. People will notice once they figure they aren't hitting the cap when they were supposed to and there will be like one hundred threads saying " did I figure out how to bypass the cap? Derp... Derp."
This puts more stress on the forum moderators.
For me it will keep me playing longer. Grinding is boring, gaining exp is boring. Playing MM is fun, gaining skill is fun, gaining skill ranks is fun. I'm all for massively high skill ranks (so long as they aren't part of in game rank- or they can be it doesn't matter either way) however, massively high exp ranks I utterly despise. SR1-130 is perfect in my opinion as far as exp ranks go. (with a 150k daily cap anyway....) CSR ftw, but I really hope they don't add stupid amounts of new ranks, just more specializations from time to time but not all that often.
Pshh, screw the new EXP ranks, I want some skill ranks to go with my playlists :tongue:. I want something that no one else can get without working really hard to get. I don't want something that takes 3 weeks to get, even if you are bad at the game. I agree with you completely.

Lucien Lachance

Lucien Lachance

Reaction score
Sin$
I agree adding some new specializations every now and then would be awesome. I mean it can't be that hard to make them up, lets see.....

New specialization:
Name - Trooper
Armor - Trooper armor (Don't know what it would look like, maybe more curved armor with connected joints with idk maybe bolts lol)
Armor skin - Dust (Grim splattered mud look)
Ability - Survivor (Less damage to your shields from head shots)
Emblems and backgrounds - XD I really don't know :tongue: Edit: One emblem can be a big TP like the others letter based ones (Ex. Wetwork is WK)
Weapon skin - Again idk since most main ones already are taken by the current specializations :tongue:

Diamond

Diamond

Keep On Shining
Mr. Nice Guy Services Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
If you truly went from the beginning of SR-111 to the beginning of SR-117 + 20k more xp, that adds up to just under 180k total. My guess is the new cap is 200k.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you truly went from the beginning of SR-111 to the beginning of SR-117 + 20k more xp, that adds up to just under 180k total. My guess is the new cap is 200k.

I would agree, however I would like to know for sure. Like I said previously unless I somehow bypassed the cap for a day, I can guarantee that the cap is no longer 150k due to gaining a tad over 7 ranks in a specialization today.

I GOT BANNEDxxx

I GOT BANNEDxxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I'm not sure about the exp per level but I can confirm I hit the cap today.
Went from end of 76 to beginning of 85.
So if that helps, there you go.

F

failman94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I'm not sure about the exp per level but I can confirm I hit the cap today.
Went from end of 76 to beginning of 85.
So if that helps, there you go.

Do you by any chance have exact values, because that could either be 250k or 275k exp. Thanks alot for the help, any more you can give would be even further appreciated.

Top Bottom
Login
Register