Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
Anyone here have any experience using XNA? How do you guys feel about it?

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
yea ive used xna before. its cool and funtional but not really my niche.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
yea ive used xna before. its cool and funtional but not really my niche.
I'm personally not a huge fan of it. The amount of code it takes to perform simple functions is absurd. I do know game programming isn't easy, that's that's to be expected. I know it's fairly outdated, and it will be obsolete with the next Xbox (this doesn't include Windows, I think), and I'm hoping that the new framework will be better.

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

xMODDEDxSKILLZx

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm personally not a huge fan of it. The amount of code it takes to perform simple functions is absurd. I do know game programming isn't easy, that's that's to be expected. I know it's fairly outdated, and it will be obsolete with the next Xbox (this doesn't include Windows, I think), and I'm hoping that the new framework will be better.
i def agree with you man!

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
i def agree with you man!
Using XNA is also a chore by yourself. If you plan to make a game, you need a small team, and I don't know many people on the level of C# (not that I'm very good at it, by any means).

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$

XNA does most of the management for you, you don't have to worry about memory or how the graphics pipeline works, the code required is tiny lol try looking at the code for drawing a pixel to screen in directX or opengl.

What are you hoping the new framework does build a game from one line of code lol.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
XNA does most of the management for you, you don't have to worry about memory or how the graphics pipeline works, the code required is tiny lol try looking at the code for drawing a pixel to screen in directX or opengl.

What are you hoping the new framework does build a game from one line of code lol.
That doesn't mean that its a good framework.

Liquid44

Liquid44

Banned
Programmer
Reaction score
Sin$
That doesn't mean that its a good framework.

I haven’t used XNA so can’t comment on that. I was more of the fact pointing out you can’t determine if a framework is good or bad by the amount of code it takes to program something lol. If you have specific reasons as to why it’s bad then fair enough.

Cosmic Owl

Cosmic Owl

Determination!
Content Team
VIP
MotM Stickied Journalist
Reaction score
Sin$
I haven’t used XNA so can’t comment on that. I was more of the fact pointing out you can’t determine if a framework is good or bad by the amount of code it takes to program something lol. If you have specific reasons as to why it’s bad then fair enough.
I just didn't enjoy it. It's not the length of code so much as how much it takes to do small things in general. I just didn't enjoy it very much, lol.

Top Bottom
Login
Register