XeX/MW2 help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by p3likan, Feb 5, 2010 with 10 replies and 829 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p3likan

p3likan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I have installed XeX onto my HDD and the menu works fine, but I cannot seem to find anyway to get MW2 onto my HDD. When i try to use the disc for it, it says it is a DVD and it just to a white "Xbox 360" screen.

Any other ideas on how to get MW2 to my hard drive?

2. vvSTRIDEvv

vvSTRIDEvv Retired Retired

Ratings:
    Your DVD drive is screwed up. Most likely an issue with having too much resistance. You can either have a crack at pot adjustment, or download it.

3. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Contributor

Ratings:
    Yeh, I had this problem and guess what the DVD Drive was crap.

4. OP
    p3likan

p3likan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    But, my non-JTAGd system is turned on its side and it has worked great ever since the first night 360s ever came out. The JTAG i bought seems to be around the same age and it is turned up, maybe on its side would put less stress on the drive?
    And is there a way to not use XeXMenu to install MW2 to my HDD; like just use the iso and xplorer 360 instead?

5. Sumo

Sumo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Retired

Ratings:
    Copy the files to a External HDD and use XexLoader

6. OP
    p3likan

p3likan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Ok when you say that, do i just use a normal one and plug it into the back of the 360 (usb) and do it that way; or reformat it to FATX so i have an XXXg 360 hard drive. And also, do i just put in the .iso? or do i take all of the files from the iso and extract it into a folder and put the folder on it? ( i mean all of the individual ones like airport_ff common_mp_ff default_mp.xex and code_post_gfx_mp.ff etc...)

7. Sumo

Sumo ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Retired

Ratings:
    I believe it has to be reformatted to Fatx. Extract all files from the ISO and place them on there. Then use XeXLoader to launch it.

Edit: Beast Sig

8. OP
    p3likan

p3likan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What file exactly do i launch and do i place the files in a folder on the HDD or just put them in individually?
    Edit: And I can use a USB external HDD right? not something else

9. phrozenballs

phrozenballs Enthusiast

Ratings:
    use iso to god to convert your iso to put it on the hard drive and use xbox image browser to convert iso to put on and external drive or usb pen then just run nxe2god to patch all of the files

10. OP
    p3likan

p3likan Enthusiast

Ratings:
    If i use iso2god to put the iso on my HDD (where do i put it by the way), then why do i have to put another iso on a usb external. Shouldn't i just be able to run the iso straight off of my hard drive?

11. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    1. Format your USB drive to FAT32.
    2. Create a new folder on the drive and name it whatever you want
    3. Use WX360 to extract every file from the MW2 ISO.
    4. Place all of those files into the folder you created on the drive.
    5. Use XeXloader/XexMenu to load the XEX.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.