What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial Xenon RGH1.2 Freeboot Tutorial

• Thread starter Metal
  • Start date
  • Views 113,009

Have you had success with RGH1.2 on your Xenon?

• Yes

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.3%

• Total voters
Sharkys Customs

Sharkys Customs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hello. Today I streamed for almost 4 hours trying to get a xenon to boot. No luck. I did have luck with this method about 2 years ago and it worked fine with the dynamic file.
That console that worked was on dash 17349.
The console I was working on today was on dash 17502.
I could not get it to boot for ****. I tried this method, tried moving the chip in different spots and redid the wiring twice. And yes it had the 22k resister and all wires were correct. I also tried the TTL Method. No luck. And I also tried the Matrix v3 with no luck as well. I've read every page of this forum and I assume it's something with the CPU Returning errors and not booting. So I'm not sure what to do at this point.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait! Did you see the fan speed variate when the ace tries to glitch? Also is the debug green led consistent or variate too?
There was no difference in the fan speed at all.there was a slight difference in the green debug light on the ace chip that also made the red power light on the chip dim slightly on the third debug blink but it did this with every timing file i tried (which i have all of the Xenon timing files btw).The green debug light would pulse,then 2 quick blinks

Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There was no difference in the fan speed at all.there was a slight difference in the green debug light on the ace chip that also made the red power light on the chip dim slightly on the third debug blink but it did this with every timing file i tried (which i have all of the Xenon timing files btw).The green debug light would pulse,then 2 quick blinks
Then is your wiring for sure :smile:
When ace tries to glitch you must see fan speed and ace degub led timing variate!
Try a different set of wires you might have one that malfunctions or your ace is broken.

C

CATSOFT

Reaction score
Sin$
Bluesman1967 I'm in you shoes, i have 2 Xenons witch do not want to glitch consistently, just now and then and very rarely. I tried different position, different values for the resistor, with capacitor, without, stranded wires, solid wires, thick, slim, shielded, nothing improved the situation. Perhaps it's the dash version that their on before we did the RGH, mine are on 14699 and 16202. Can OP tell us what dash he did his mods from? Maybe we need 17502 so it will be just like the hacked dash.

C

CATSOFT

Reaction score
Sin$
I tried the whole night, no change, I've gotten to 17502, still no boot, even after 15 min. I did have 2 boots on the 16767, but they wore random again. I don't trust this ACE's. I wish there wore trimming files for Cool Runner, that one I'm sure would do the job.
Note to others: The 16767 dash will update without the Optical drive, the other sequential ones will not update without Optical drive.

Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you managed to have even one boot on 16767 and got your cpu key then you did wrong to continue. What you could do is select falcon as the board and build and flash the firmware then your boots would be consistent :wink:

C

CATSOFT

Reaction score
Sin$
Um.... i already had the CPU key from the first boot.... The tutorial says to select falcon, i didn't do otherwise, there are no consistent boots, just when it wants, that's the problem, why no consistent boots? I leave it for hours, nothing, then power off... maybe boots in a minute, then again nothing for half an hour, then gain, maybe boots in 10 min. I think I've powered that console for 100 times, maybe I've gotten 6 or 8 boots out of it, and the second one does the same.

C

CATSOFT

Reaction score
Sin$
You're getting annoying. Of course i prepared it with AutoGG, with the files downloaded from this thread. Do you not understand that i did it exactly like the tutorial said? I already got the CPU Key, it's just not booting consistently.

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm off to my local carboot sale this sunday morning.See if i can pickup a few 360 Xenons.
I've still got my successfully glitched Xenon though,going to keep that along with all my other glitched 360's in my collection :smile:.
Nope no Xenon 360's at all on my local car booty yesterday morning but i did manage to pick up a 120gb Elite console (with a v1 Falcon board in it).Just finished doing an RGH1.2 on it and it boots/glitches sweet with an Ace v3 chip.

Last edited:
TimelessNL

TimelessNL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You're getting annoying. Of course i prepared it with AutoGG, with the files downloaded from this thread. Do you not understand that i did it exactly like the tutorial said? I already got the CPU Key, it's just not booting consistently.
Do you have issues with Xell or Dashboard? My Xenon (which I modded early in 2017) is on it's way out as well. Gitching takes forever and when It glitches it will freeze on the dashboard. Since these Xenons are prone to fail it may not be RGH related but just a upcomming RRoD. Since the glitch chip is constantly rebooting the CPU it may sometimes boot, just like a RRoD xbox sometimes boots after multiple power-on/off cycles.
Here are some pictures of my installation (1st Xenon attempt with x360ACEv2) with 28AWG wiring (The soldering is not the best, but I was in a hurry :biggrin: )
y3mvnzjSDEbvjvTgJcOgJEtZj3sOFBSvtp4g5b7yHfBeMkP7pfA7tYIBBeCvBQ_czLQTEOEIvKYZMlqCC22JCjyESeRaiv1k7ddqiUdNd01pj34Y0UZF2kidpP3UEeShcNQ826ADiNP2zk80MVOXGOcOn4ayCUNRgLJ-zP0OSBSFRM

y3mYnmfFM9xS61co5w8SGaa8doJG6LVNnEkIChJI1OCHvAf7eCofsvZsIQ5ZdPA4pIMlrnZusiykrbjQMhRt-0Fso8yXu86DXOK0QyMI3xXLL3G4ECobd4LnqZ1Qb2zA9QWdwyl7nHQk8OGinY_BSrJto97qMeWKwUGEPu0V1ryvRI

y3mclBoKr9dD50KQEh_KT2N4NjOvgeRHCwh7sLF17gViBdhrEVkO1DtBve5RQHdkkGaAm1eIpDtzRbGB91yU_Or0pSj4KcHRFHowoA24hXnYX5Ym1Xg1EJ99r03OFis9Cj_dZt1tNSo7lMlb2hvMoozejBKPkCtz72zEsody-pGXQg

(Note that the green debug LED stays lit even while the Xbox is fully booted)
y3mDaDFCl4gwOPWHu66yehgxRPbvfKFpcp4-_VDdtlaq5l_ri_KGL2AXakUWCOhMhUM2NbrmwwQy6fV9FiZEU76AQUP-wlybqNPzvw1qiSLN3_pHpg6XcccSK98o2i5djK5U8rwR08YN-V0SLU3tsdjpfvSCgGsUivyt0sYMHpWmJY

(Temperatures seem fine to me for a Xenon, Still have to add an additional 70mm fan to the CPU
and replace the thermal paste on the GPU because I used cheap 0.99USD ebay paste for testing)

y3mt91u5fvbhsQRqoPl5sDiQIV8B34Hi9H_-LWhlP7koBQuypggSLv-7OpnPLLnl4l3aemnhyCZTkc2CjkQCa-3b4j24JlmGcWorKKi5-ifcVOIEu6l-7q7G9LlxLMtJq9bXuY9Q7-nyL5RbE0DM8Paak_QxBXBgWSiZq1Yi78TK9A

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenon going RRoD is just rumors on early released Xboxes that had that not efficient heatsink on gpu and the faulty Nichicon capacitors next to the CPU. I have years of experience on these machines and since i had one on public pool place on "Free to play(tm)" just to test its endurance and its going non stop for years now on a 27" pure flat Sony trinitron 100hz CRT screen with not a single glitch to report. It has the newer gpu heatsink on and two fans added to them plus replaced Nichicon with Rubicon caps and MX4 on both GPU/EDRAM and CPU. Dont hear the buul* some report those machines once treated with love are Indestructible(tm)

Last edited:
TimelessNL

TimelessNL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xenon going RRoD is just rumors on early released Xboxes that had that not efficient heatsink on gpu
Are you sure that those 'new' GPU heatsinks are that effective? I've tested both the 'original' and 'new' GPU heatsink on a Falcon unit (which is basically a Xenon with newer CPU) and after some time they both reach the same temperatures anyway, it just takes a little longer for the newer heatsink.
and the faulty Nichicon capacitors next to the CPU.
More revisions had these caps, recently had to replace some on a Falcon unit.
I have years of experience on this machines and since i had one on public pool place on "Free to play(tm)" just to test its endurance and its going non stop for years now on a 27" pure flat Sony trinitron 100hz CRT screen with not a single glitch to report.
To my understanding it's the stress of warm-up/cool-down, and not the continuous usage that kills the unit. So therefor your 'Free to play' unit may actually be alive because it's always on?

Also the Kronos(Jasper v2) units use the plain aluminum GPU heatsink again. I guess Microsoft had their reasons, maybe because they are cheaper but why risk it all again only to save a couple of cents on each unit...

Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Are you sure that those 'new' GPU heatsinks are that effective? I've tested both the 'original' and 'new' GPU heatsink on a Falcon unit (which is basically a Xenon with newer CPU) and after some time they both reach the same temperatures anyway, it just takes a little longer for the newer heatsink.
The new ones give you the extended branch that you can place the fan on it.
More revisions had these caps, recently had to replace some on a Falcon unit..
Falcons have aluminum capacitors on v2, never saw v1 as of now so i cant confirm or deny you.
To my understanding it's the stress of warm-up/cool-down, and not the continuous usage that kills the unit. So therefor your 'Free to play' unit may actually be alive because it's always on?.
They are shutdown every day after 6pm and powered on next day on 8-8:30am so that's negative
Also the Kronos(Jasper v2) units use the plain aluminum GPU heatsink again. I guess Microsoft had their reasons, maybe because they are cheaper but why risk it all again only to save a couple of cents on each unit...
Yes those heatsinks are junk replace asap or do as i used to do, take a dremel with a size to fit grinding head e.g http://selamselam.me/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/dremel-metal-grinder-best.jpg and cut in the middle as much as to fit inside a pentium 3 fan https://esaitech.scdn6.secure.raxcd...343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/i/m/img317932.jpg
Those will keep the temps low on the gpu and on the "intel" logo you see there can sit perfectly on it the xbox360 dvd rom without causing any issues in the spinning of the fan :wink:

Last edited:
TimelessNL

TimelessNL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The new ones give you the extended branch that you can place the fan on it.
True, but the temperature difference is marginal. At least according to my temperature testing.
Falcons have aluminum capacitors on v2, never saw v1 as of now so i cant confirm or deny you.
Are there 2 Falcon revisions?
I took some pictures of my unit (as always :smile:) and you can see this is an falcon unit based on the missing inductor and 2nd generation GPU heat-sink. At first the capacitors on the side failed, but some months later the caps near the fans failed as well)
y4mAOfL8lYicBLplPt2gTCIomzYK5mKaxTT4ltV9KrAVcBENc0GbXjmzAe1KvknOWullJiooOILbWXQHtbNBMJVDe73gN4lJRjdIBZHCyN2I-qs4ajsa3sAXyNVJbIa3DHCRivb4S9lFpdlvuum2F7-UG2IvfMvAZQTL2NGxmoNWca0anrPi6JEOpIjJDV9o691mOqXuGLPA9413wQ9Hx6wng

y4mYtuX7I03bwiLLXKOUMjpbUVzMmn9NyJzdJO295tHZcs8lUgNqZrImxAKU5N-AB3yExcaUjsulL4nOTrnbsi1JNpzYfs4iMpD0u6QygdiMTvPlIz8QQHBWx-0SHySQw5OHYhelOxxfA6I21D4dlCsuEMS4Tj2cnGELM2MBRT4z6_bK9fMNEu68GdUuQWCQWgQAnba9YYo_aTP_hJ5B6chtQ

They are shutdown every day after 6pm and powered on next day on 8-8:30am so that's negative
True true.
Yes those heatsinks are junk replace asap or do as i used to do, take a dremel with a size to fit grinding head e.g http://selamselam.me/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/dremel-metal-grinder-best.jpg and cut in the middle as much as to fit inside a pentium 3 fan https://esaitech.scdn6.secure.raxcd...343b1bc593f1c5348fe05efa4a6/i/m/img317932.jpg
Those will keep the temps low on the gpu and on the "intel" logo you see there can sit perfectly on it the xbox360 dvd rom without causing any issues in the spinning of the fan :wink:
Ha, that's a very innovative (creative) solution.
I normally mod my Xenon with 70mm fans and a 1st gen CPU heat-sink (rotated 90degrees). This gives me great success, it can steadily hold 52°c on the GPU(+/-20°c environment)
y4mL_77I_nYXwKDASEcwwbvUv9Ml4Y2991A-EFKi9tfhOsN-njRGqahXqjXlIhJJ1bN0-NFd9VYx8U2X5w2MR4b2fma_zBstCMihuObQKHu-c7y2aywE-Oo6P3TwwpJfB-wrKvkXoHkwM_o3k6BVnHI3TWPi-cYszeKNCy2Q00DQvjrd1GEdPlyCfUkxJZY-ZBhCMUtbvsR0wMpyMm9H4We9w

I also modded a 2nd Xenon (since my previous unit failed after years of use) and really took my time while soldering the connections. I'm very pleased with the results 9 out of 10 times it boots within 2 glitches (video) :biggrin:.
Pictures:
y4mqo5doi_JdnkDqma-CExlBuOGJGnA11Owv9eNr3CNHo1uuFphI-j9VXZVApQtLp_9uXrW1TqAGvSNXSh5PBDvLShpjYW0uhdWBPBEt_Dl5_zmo5hndziuKa1GuZ6Pv1SOq84ac_-5viWOMGc1tRKsIkGfzAgQ-6WreseM0FKT82U_Ti-daaT_8ryqBiELYKrTjz0_xwje-dPwVfgJrIYWCA

y4mOWjpZZdjzFSgpm2SeIgsj9KX_eiq9oYHY5h1JinKFdsHixHymshaMq7kWw7iFvqkHJKrjJXBtGMmBPKdDrU7tqNrRAqXw61lMAKz30idgAYynQ0AxhOzcU6NKZulnX5hCrMndI5Ou4s7qWnFntLlIm3O6S-WKsgOlo0yZN1_NQRiYJpnBR9vrRThWeTTuvxU9rm7Qrv1wsswTQkVj3vD1g

y4mULRt1xgqvCdxWIKkQ1L7tUmBTtbOUv6pmQzEOewNsKME9qlyDpFDCL22aGZUHrqjXmRwXEYG6VSg1SxU5pN1IkzVQcSK5U1a0bPdc3yjL9H9BwIr3ENCVEgU2lbLxloDaRfT8p0CE8FkSjqDFwvawZqKGmTp3h0wOn5jIIz3KAuYG5Qyh7E4LPRrtUbeuBZw4ksAGZWl07tnNlEeMGihZw

y4mGIFBslSKwda9_v-b0GA4JuCyXEF-Bxh-WwU7F1gYLqVWnvD1DyIwsYhsX7biuE7xDnSqrws2dPZDI5dzyo-LaidMKYW39NO_sV5KGFC6oMdjMm07xfG7RD0NTOKX5Ub89MF_vptUZBkmdWN0hwntuwlaxdBhgJVoitVC-oAs8EwshE6q3c-8W4Lzmq_MQCmbz3Tu5Ppe_HFZQ3CFC1xokw

Last edited:
Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dont leave those ram coolers because heat will make them fall and fail. Use a 3mm rubber ones you can get some 3m on ebay

Demetris

Demetris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Also your xenon/falcon is going to fail if you don't do these fixes:
1.Replace cpu heatsink with a xenon one. The one with the copper pipe in the middle and the alu fins
2.Add two fans with 4 small ty rap on each, one over the ext gpu bracket pushing air down on the motherboard the other one behind the new xenon cpu heatsink pushing the gpu air from the 1st one and the cpu heat over the 2 factory external fans.
Now your xenon/falcon is immortal

Last edited:
Top Bottom
Login
Register