What's new
  • This section is NOT for Console Modding Support or Queries.
    Please ensure any threads posted here are releases or guides as appropriate.
    If you require support, please post a new thread in Console Modding Support
    Thanks!

Tutorial Xenon RGH1.2 Freeboot Tutorial

• Thread starter Metal
  • Start date
  • Views 113,024

Have you had success with RGH1.2 on your Xenon?

• Yes

Votes: 50 61.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.3%

• Total voters
Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Grizzled Veteran Grammar Nazi Gifter
Reaction score
Sin$
I have been getting a lot of questions lately.People have said that a Xenon motherboard cannot be RGH'ed. False. Then they said ONLY Canadian CPU Xenon's can be RGH'ed. False. Lately I have been going on a rampage RGHing every and ANY Xenon in sight. MOST XENON's can be RGH'ed. Below is my process for RGHing a Xenon. The process is identical to RGH1.2 using an Acev3 and AutoGG.

Tools Needed:
Soldering Iron
Flux
Rosin Core Solder
Acev3
NAND Reader/Writer
1x 22k Resistor
J-Runner
Xenon File Pack
Auto_GG

Step 1: Read the NAND. Same as always.
WkIwPGr_d.jpg

*Picture taken from J-Runner*

Step 2: Write ECC. Click on the Advaced Tab, then on Custom Nand/CR Functions.
FvxNm4z.jpg

Use the XENON.ECC provided in my XenonRGH1.2 pack.
1. Select "Write"
2. Select "16"
3. Load XENON.ECC file.
4. Click run to write xell to console.

lnD27Of.jpg

Step 3. Wire up Glitch chip. Acev3. Same install as a regular PHAT RGH1.2 with no Stby_CLK. The 1.8v point is a little different than the other PHAT motherboards. Refer to my example pics for a picture of the point.
*CPU_RST. (You will need to remove a capacitor on CPU_RST. Same CPU_RST as other PHAT models. Only Xenons have this capacitor.) (C7R112)*
mgESCF3.jpg

*Picture taken from JoinTheResistance *

5v Point

AaSU9GX.jpg

1.8v Point

WBDd5rw.jpg

PLL (Need 22k resistor)
4O7jKkC.jpg

CPU_RST. (You will need to remove a capacitor on CPU_RST. Same CPU_RST as other PHAT models. Only Xenons have this.) (C7R112)
9Bde3Zb.jpg

Step 4. Program Glitch chip. Dynamic file recommended at first to get booted. Once console has been Freebooted, feel free to mess around with timing files.
opue23P.jpg

Step 5. BOOT XELL! Get that CPU Key!
PDJlbEx.jpg

Step 6. Open Auto_GG. And input correct information.
1. Load nanddump1.bin
2. Select "Falcon" from drop down and put in CPUKey
3. Make sure Glitch and Rgh2 is selected.
4. Create NAND.
wmNl1fe.jpg

Step 7. Load nandflash.bin from Auto_GG into J-Runner and write to NAND.
N0Fmsog.jpg

Step 8. Test Freeboot Xenon!

o5zR03w.jpg

Last edited:
maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
thank you so much for this sir metal! now its time to hack this xenon again, hopefully all xenon owners can now rgh there xenons :smile:

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
thank you so much for this sir metal! now its time to hack this xenon again, hopefully all xenon owners can now rgh there xenons :smile:
That's the goal! Not just Canadian CPUs can be modded. All Xenons can! I will clean it up later on. Time for bed.

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
That's the goal! Not just Canadian CPUs can be modded. All Xenons can! I will clean it up later on. Time for bed.

yes sir thanks again that was fast :smile:

i will post my result after i mod this xenon, maybe tomorrow time to work haha

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
yes sir thanks again that was fast :smile:

i will post my result after i mod this xenon, maybe tomorrow time to work haha
Hope everything works out. I have a 100% success rate with all Xenons using this method. Let me know how it goes!

This is awesome, thank you for this :smile:
No problem. This doesn't exist anywhere as no one RGH's Xenons and everyone said it's not possible. It is. :wink:

Jamdoogen

Jamdoogen

Let's turn forever, you and me
Reaction score
Sin$
Great Tutorial Metal Metal ! I was curious about your video that someone pointed out, and here is the tutorial! :smile:

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
broooooo sad to say but i tried and i tried but i could not boot into xell, i already flash my xenon with xenon.ecc and write xenon_dynamic_ace file on the ace v3, and tried all the ace xsvf files still no xell boot

heres my wiring:

i triple check my wirings and all in place :smile:

33vj9d1.jpg

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
broooooo sad to say but i tried and i tried but i could not boot into xell, i already flash my xenon with xenon.ecc and write xenon_dynamic_ace file on the ace v3, and tried all the ace xsvf files still no xell boot

heres my wiring:

i triple check my wirings and all in place :smile:

33vj9d1.jpg
If you can post close up pictures of your points it would be more helpful. Bottom and top of the board.

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
i already flash to stock bro,, :frown: and remove the wirings,, do you think its just the wirings?

heres my 2nd to last wire before i switch to red wire and much longer wire compare to this violet wirings, which is at the exact lenght into the ace v3

wqya8x.jpg

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
i already flash to stock bro,, :frown: and remove the wirings,, do you think its just the wirings?

heres my 2nd to last wire before i switch to red wire and much longer wire compare to this violet wirings, which is at the exact lenght into the ace v3

wqya8x.jpg
I've had success with many different types of wires. Anytime a console wouldn't boot, it came down to PLL soldering or RST routing. Try isolating RST away from PLL. I'll post a picture of my routing in a bit. Currently cooking my heart out at work. Lol.

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
i see, but im back on retail for now, haha but i will try next time, ill wait for your post on how to properly wire rst away from pll \
thanks again sir, but xenon are really stabborn to glitch haha

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
i see, but im back on retail for now, haha but i will try next time, ill wait for your post on how to properly wire rst away from pll \
thanks again sir, but xenon are really stabborn to glitch haha
They are indeed stubborn. More the reason why your points and routing need to be spot on. :wink:

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
i already tried to seperate them also sir,, haha still no luck :smile: guess its time to throw the flag...

Snowy

Snowy

Let it snow
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tag Metal Metal ... jk lyr

Nice tutorial, I'll be sure to link it to help people <3 .

Z

zeroxzerotwo

Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah over the time i've been browsing multiple forums. You see other people joining the bandwagon claiming you can't rgh 1.2 with the Taiwan cpu or just circle jerking the console in general when they clearly never put the time in trying to successfully rgh it.

Thank you for this thread. Any video tutorials in the future?

Metal

Metal

Take This Life
Hidden Devils
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah over the time i've been browsing multiple forums. You see other people joining the bandwagon claiming you can't rgh 1.2 with the Taiwan cpu or just circle jerking the console in general when they clearly never put the time in trying to successfully rgh it.

Thank you for this thread. Any video tutorials in the future?
Thank you. Appreciate the input. Once I get a better camera, hopefully soon, I was planning on doing a video.

maynard141414

maynard141414

Reaction score
Sin$
I've had success with many different types of wires. Anytime a console wouldn't boot, it came down to PLL soldering or RST routing. Try isolating RST away from PLL. I'll post a picture of my routing in a bit. Currently cooking my heart out at work. Lol.

bro its been a while kinda board again and wants to try again to glitch xenon taiwan haha

can you give me the picture of your exact wiring on the rst and pll with both of them isolated with each other,,, :smile:

last time i tried i could not boot into xell haha

Top Bottom
Login
Register