What's new

Unsolved Xenon RGH 1.2 with a coolrunner rev c?

N

ndrewwb

Reaction score
Some quick context here in case anyone is wondering why I'd want to do something so truly absurd as this. I have a Falcon RGH 1.2 and a Xenon JTAG but I also own a second Xenon that's completely stock on the latest dashboard which is unfortunately missing it's original DVD key. I don't use my 360s often but I think it'd be nice if I could turn it into a fully working stock console should I ever want to go back on my XBL account. I could very well easily buy a cheap Falcon or Jasper for that purpose but I'd rather do it with what I already have. A few years ago I bought a couple of those ebay coolrunner rev c clones, one of them is actually used in my Falcon and works quite nicely. I still have one of these spare and I'm just wondering is it possible for one of these to be wired into a Xenon board for RGH 1.2? I've seen some people saying you can, others saying you have to buy an ACE V3 and I'm rather confused on the matter to be honest.. I think getting this last xenon back into working order (as long as the board lasts anyway) would be something fun to do for a few hours in lockdown, and while it wouldn't kill to buy an ACE V3 for it, I'm still wondering if I could get away with the coolrunner clone, as it'd just be used briefly to get into xell.

My question is, can a coolrunner rev c (and it's subsequent clones) be used on a Xenon for RGH 1.2? Or do I need a different glitch chip?

Thank you

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some quick context here in case anyone is wondering why I'd want to do something so truly absurd as this. I have a Falcon RGH 1.2 and a Xenon JTAG but I also own a second Xenon that's completely stock on the latest dashboard which is unfortunately missing it's original DVD key. I don't use my 360s often but I think it'd be nice if I could turn it into a fully working stock console should I ever want to go back on my XBL account. I could very well easily buy a cheap Falcon or Jasper for that purpose but I'd rather do it with what I already have. A few years ago I bought a couple of those ebay coolrunner rev c clones, one of them is actually used in my Falcon and works quite nicely. I still have one of these spare and I'm just wondering is it possible for one of these to be wired into a Xenon board for RGH 1.2? I've seen some people saying you can, others saying you have to buy an ACE V3 and I'm rather confused on the matter to be honest.. I think getting this last xenon back into working order (as long as the board lasts anyway) would be something fun to do for a few hours in lockdown, and while it wouldn't kill to buy an ACE V3 for it, I'm still wondering if I could get away with the coolrunner clone, as it'd just be used briefly to get into xell.

My question is, can a coolrunner rev c (and it's subsequent clones) be used on a Xenon for RGH 1.2? Or do I need a different glitch chip?

Thank you
You need an Ace v3 chip for Xenon RGH1.2.I've managed to get 3 out of countless many Xenons came my way to successfully glitch using the Ace v3 chip.
Here's the full tuturial on how to achive the Xenon RGH1.2 but believe me,not every Xenon will be a success :frown:
https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/xenon-rgh1-2-freeboot-tutorial.1548848/

Top Bottom