• Views 1,527
ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Fabled Veteran 10th Anniversary Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Good Afternoon all,

I have been working on a Xenon JTAG since about August and always have the same issue.
I received the console with E79 and re-wired it, to which it was booting fine. Put it in the case and stopped working. I used a different method and that worked fine and closed it up and it was still working. Customer received console with E79. Got it in a few days ago and literally just re-wired it and it was booting fine. Put it in the case and close it, and yep, E79. At the moment I re-wired it again and still E79. Does anyone know some other different wiring method other than the Original 2 diode 2 wire and the alternative Boxxdr method that might solve this E79 issue?

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Reaction score
Sin$
HuskerHeaven

HuskerHeaven

when I took his glass of champagne...
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Does it have the original xclamps or bolt replacement. I have read on TX somewhere that jslinger i believe couldn't get an RGH to glitch until he relow'd the cpu. I know they are different hacks, but who knows. Going into the case could cause different pressure on the cpu solder balls causing the E79 in the case while not out. Kinda a longshot I guess, but I can only assume you have tried almost everything else.

Chuckemz

Chuckemz

Jedi Sensei
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure your diodes or resistors arent to long and cover them with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing something maybe shorting it on the board. You can also try wiring it on the bottom of the board I like using the bottom of the board for a cleaner look.

ShawnUnderSe7en

ShawnUnderSe7en

just as passerby
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure your diodes or resistors arent to long and cover them with electrical tape or heat shrink tubing something maybe shorting it on the board. You can also try wiring it on the bottom of the board I like using the bottom of the board for a cleaner look.

It's as clean as it gets, i also used heat-shrinking tube on all of my installs to make sure nothing gets shorted.

Have you tried Open_Tray?

I'll give that a try

Does it have the original xclamps or bolt replacement. I have read on TX somewhere that jslinger i believe couldn't get an RGH to glitch until he relow'd the cpu. I know they are different hacks, but who knows. Going into the case could cause different pressure on the cpu solder balls causing the E79 in the case while not out. Kinda a longshot I guess, but I can only assume you have tried almost everything else.

It has bolts on it, but it boots stock just fine with no sign of rrod nearing so i'm assuming its not that 
Have you tried Open_Tray?

do you have an image for that, sorry, but i've never used that wiring before and can't seem to find any reference :frown:

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Here is the pic. As you can see the non AUD_CLAMP wire goes to OPEN_TRAY:
2mqumwm.jpg

You have to edit the SMC of your image though. You can get one made for you with the old JTAG tool and then extract the SMC and import it into a new image made with something newer like xeBuildGUI

Top Bottom
Login
Register