Solved Xenon JTAG E79 Error Message

• Thread starter Gloomy 7s
  • Start date
  • Views 1,800
G

Gloomanater 7s

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so ive had my jtag for like 2 months now and have been hosting lobbies on cod4 and mw2. I have had it fixed once before because of bad jtag wiring. Its a xenon with a secong gen heat clamp or something the guys said and it has 8955 dash i believe. It got the 3 rrod like 5 days ago but i did the towel trick :tongue: but it worked fine after that. Now its getting the E79. Idk whats up I was hosting all yesterday. Please help

Mrmob11

Mrmob11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so ive had my jtag for like 2 months now and have been hosting lobbies on cod4. I have fixed it once before because of bad jtag wiring. Now its getting the E79. Idk whats up I was hosting all yesterday. Please help
needs a reflash i believe?

Dont Trip Noob

Dont Trip Noob

Trusted Seller
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so ive had my jtag for like 2 months now and have been hosting lobbies on cod4. I have fixed it once before because of bad jtag wiring. Now its getting the E79. Idk whats up I was hosting all yesterday. Please help
Did you try to update the jtag to 13599?

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Zephyr by any chance?

dop3snation

dop3snation

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i have dealt with this issue plenty of times 99% its the soldering not getting a good connection on the jtag wiring i have had xenon work for months to and then e79 and no matter what i havent been able to get them working again, you could try to reflash, or flash back to og nand and then try to rewrite the freeboot, those are really the only things that would cause it good luck

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
Probably bad wiring. Get this guy to rewire the console using a different jtag method. Also, NEVER do the 'towel trick', all you're doing is keeping heat in when it's meant to come out; it's going to melt something or set on fire. :wink:

G

Gloomanater 7s

Reaction score
Sin$
Probably bad wiring. Get this guy to rewire the console using a different jtag method. Also, NEVER do the 'towel trick', all you're doing is keeping heat in when it's meant to come out; it's going to melt something or set on fire. :wink:
I didnt do the towel trick basically i stuck two needles in the back bc it has a 12v fan in it so it would stop

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so ive had my jtag for like 2 months now and have been hosting lobbies on cod4 and mw2. I have had it fixed once before because of bad jtag wiring. Its a xenon with a secong gen heat clamp or something the guys said and it has 8955 dash i believe. It got the 3 rrod like 5 days ago but i did the towel trick :tongue: but it worked fine after that. Now its getting the E79. Idk whats up I was hosting all yesterday. Please help

E79 usually means bad flash but towel trick? Towel trick!? TOWWWWWWWWWWWEELLLLLL TRIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!!!!!!!!!

TOWEL TRICK EQUALS DEATH!!!! There is an unlimited number of things that can go wrong when you heat up the whole console close to the temperature of the CPU/GPU alone (which is what the towel trick does). You probably melted the solder on your JTAG wiring so that it was connected by a hair and now after a few days it naturally disconnected fully.

Redo the wiring is my guess.

Top Bottom
Login
Register