What's new

Solved Xell USB Problem?

• Thread starter J0siah
  • Start date
  • Views 162
J

J0siah

Reaction score
I'm trying to reflash my nand because I recently flashed a bad nand doing some testing. I had a problem with the drives, and such so i decided that i'd unplug the drive and continue. Instead of looking for the usb path and finding the flash file on my external it decides it's going to go straight to ftp... Any suggestions?

I've used different usb devices.
I've formatted them multiple times.

NOTE: I just saw that it's reading my usb as an x360 controller.

Last edited:
N

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
I'm trying to reflash my nand because I recently flashed a bad nand doing some testing. I had a problem with the drives, and such so i decided that i'd unplug the drive and continue. Instead of looking for the usb path and finding the flash file on my external it decides it's going to go straight to ftp... Any suggestions?

I've used different usb devices.
I've formatted them multiple times.

NOTE: I just saw that it's reading my usb as an x360 controller.
  1. Make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32.
  2. Unplug everything from the console.
    There's 3 only things that should be plugged into your console.
    - HDMI/AV
    - Power
    - USB Flash Drive

No HDD, no controllers, no USB wireless adapter, nothing else should be plugged except those 3 things.

J

J0siah

Reaction score
  1. Make sure the USB is formatted as FAT32.
  2. Unplug everything from the console.
    There's 3 only things that should be plugged into your console.
    - HDMI/AV
    - Power
    - USB Flash Drive

No HDD, no controllers, no USB wireless adapter, nothing else should be plugged except those 3 things.
I fixed it, but here's my new problem. I have bad blocks at 0x180(0x63000) and JRunner says they have remapped them. I can open the nand in hxd and see that they have been remapped to the new said address. When I flash my nand in Xell it says the bad block is still in the same place, and says it's really bad. I can boot my console but as soon as It tries to go from logo to dash it just freezes. any ideas?

K

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
I fixed it, but here's my new problem. I have bad blocks at 0x180(0x63000) and JRunner says they have remapped them. I can open the nand in hxd and see that they have been remapped to the new said address. When I flash my nand in Xell it says the bad block is still in the same place, and says it's really bad. I can boot my console but as soon as It tries to go from logo to dash it just freezes. any ideas?
Tried Booting Without Hard Drive Or Usb?

J

JoinTheResistance

Dead to the world, alive for the journey...
Reaction score
Probably not caused by the bad block, you can try what is suggested above and try booting the console without the HDD plugged in. Most likely a plugin issue.

Top Bottom