What's new

Discussion XeLive And Microsoft Banning!

Chr0m3 x MoDz

Chr0m3 x MoDz

From the top to the fall, lessons through it all.
VIP
Sinner Services Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
load of **** simple..

ziWHITEiz

ziWHITEiz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
if you play with an xbox account you created on your retail and use it to mod on your RGH/Jtag when your RGH/Jtag gets banned your profile along with any other console that gamer tag has been on will be banned.

T

TroPPicZ xBoX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well I got console banned on my jtag and then got console banned on the other two xboxs in my house shortly after.

C

Collateral22

I hate fanboys.
Forum Addict Hardened Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
if you play with an xbox account you created on your retail and use it to mod on your RGH/Jtag when your RGH/Jtag gets banned your profile along with any other console that gamer tag has been on will be banned.

Last part makes no sense. So if I went to some games convention and signed in on every Xbox, the modded my account on a jtag, all of them console would be banned? Think of how silly that sounds.

Tyler

Tyler

Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips & Bacon Strips &
Grammar Nazi Hardened Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Of course you're gonna get banned, sooner or later.
JTAGs and accounts that are used to break rules do, yes.

But Microsoft can't ban your retail just because it's on the same network. They don't know if it's a college or if it's a friend that brought over his console. They issue bans to any console on the same network as a JTAG and they'll have a lot of problems.

S

SCR3W TH15

Enthusiast
Free Hoster
Reaction score
Sin$
No it doesn't...I was console banned and my account is fine. Oh and my retail is NOT banned for all of you if your wondering.

IVIATTY

IVIATTY

When all else fails...cheat.
Fabled Veteran Tutorial Creator CotM
Reaction score
Sin$
So according to the OP, if I was at a college, and got my jtag banned, everyone else who had a retail would get banned for nothing? Makes no sense. MS would have legal action against them if that was the case.

I really wish they did do that, I would troll so many people.

S

schlaric2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This isn't true because when my jtag got banned i was dumb and used a side account that was on 3 of my other xboxs and they got console banned but my brother played xbox at the same time i got banned and he didn't.

amd42

amd42

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
But Microsoft can't ban your retail just because it's on the same network. They don't know if it's a college or if it's a friend that brought over his console. They issue bans to any console on the same network as a JTAG and they'll have a lot of problems.

As crazy as it sounds, Microsoft actually does have the ability to ban any consoles and accounts that connect through a certain IP. My friend got caught on PartnerNet playing a certain game early and every single console in his house (including his retails) got permanently banned. He also lost his entire Zune music library and has to pirate all of it in order to get it back. While I doubt MS will do anything this severe for modding online, it is possible them for to do. Remember that modding always has a risk associated with it.

E

EliteModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
People are getting banned, because these JTAG files were released on a public forum and also, it's mostly little kids that advertise they are hosting "1337 hax lobbies" all over the internet. MS aren't dumb and employees use the internet all the time.
They probably even know about this forum, infact, I'm sure there's probably some employees signed up and are under cover looking for people that have / use these files. They know all about the JTAG and all the **** they caused with MW2.

Remember that podcast ages ago? Where they mentioned the JTAG and Se7ensins?

They know and will try and stop the people using them.

XeStorm

MrHoster

Smile today, tomorrow could be worse
Reaction score
Sin$
that is why i am going to get people that want to rent and then i am going to get mine online so i know i will have the money to get a new key vault.

murph fish

murph fish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
NOOOOO MY NINTENDO WII GOT BANNED FOR HAVING A JTAG ON THE SAME IP!!!! :frown: My moms going to kill me.

E

EliteModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
that is why i am going to get people that want to rent and then i am going to get mine online so i know i will have the money to get a new key vault.
NOOOOO MY NINTENDO WII GOT BANNED FOR HAVING A JTAG ON THE SAME IP!!!! :frown: My moms going to kill me.

Damn dude, the wii is the best console, how about you smash it up to see if that unbans it?

Sliim

Sliim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Guys Apparantley Microsoft Is Banning Jtags And All Consoles On The Same Network So Be Carefull.

Apparantley if you get console Banned. Press The Reset Button On Your Modem/Router So It Resets The Ip Addresses On Your Consoles.

You Have Been Warned!
Got banned. Don't give a ****. But only the JTAG was banned out of everything so you sir, are a lol

YFN

YFN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
someone will post if this is true or a lie, there's many legit members who are having fun with their jtags online and if the havnt got banned is because this are justlies to scare people who are modding online.

Top Bottom
Login
Register