Xecuter Demon Phat not working in Trinity

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support' started by EmanGaming, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:41 AM with 9 replies and 207 views.

1. EmanGaming

EmanGaming Newbie

Ratings:
    So, a while back, I ordered a Xecuter Demon Slim from ModChipCentral, but they sent me a Phat instead.
    Couple of months later, it finally arrived, and I tried to get some time to install it into my Trinity, but never did.
    Skip forward to a week ago, and I finally got the time to start installing it. Just finished it yesterday, booted it from the xbox nand, everything was working, connected to my laptop just fine, until I tried to read the xbox nand in JRunner, and it just crashed. So, I installed Xecuter Demon Toolbox, tried to read, and it gave me this error:
    Code:
    ERROR: Unknown NAND-flash device id 0xFF80 reported.
    Please verify correct installation!

I checked my wiring, didn't see anything wrong with it, but no matter what I did, I still couldn't get it to work.
    Here are some pics of the soldering:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Doom94

Doom94 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I'd suggest trying a slim demon or a viper.

3. XeDevn

XeDevn Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Dude a demon phat isn’t going to work on a slim, I mean it’s in the name lol. Get a viper dual nand. Doubt you’ll find a demon slim.

4. Doom94

Doom94 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    People have actually done it before. I'm just suggesting a different dual nand Solution so that there may be more options for support if needed, because not very many people have done this.

5. XeDevn

XeDevn Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Never heard of that but good luck man.

6. Newsk

Newsk Getting There

Ratings:
    I've done many demon phats on trinity's. For a few years that was all you could get . I eventually switched over to using squirts.
    I always installed the demon on the top of the board and used kynar to wire it up. Your gonna have a hell of a time troubleshooting that install the way you have it wired .
    At the very least I would bring the demon up top and neatly run all the wires around the side of the board to it . In sure you simply have a bad solder joint or two.

7. Doom94

Doom94 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Is the same in reverse a slim nand system on a phat?

8. Newsk

Newsk Getting There

Ratings:
    Are u asking if u can use a demon slim in a phat? Yes you can with wire method . But I would use it on a slim

9. NDO2

NDO2 I<3CR4s

Ratings:
    Iv done it

10. ANG3LK1LL3R127

ANG3LK1LL3R127 Trusted Member

Ratings:
    did you test the unit before installation? it will work just fine as long as your soldering is all done correctly.