• Start date
  • Views 6,604
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I just bought, hard modded xbox with xecuter 3 chip off flee market. But i can't boot to custom bios, only to stock.

This is the video, not mine, but the same thing happens.

Anyone has any idea, how to fix this problem?

Thanks

Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
on my modchip there is a switch on mine if there is a switch on the mod chip try to switch it to a different position. if you can get good HD pictures of inside your xbox motherboard and mod chip that would help.

also check the solder points on the chip mine kind of what his did in the video once and it came down to the solder points on the chip needed to be re soldered

also check this thread out might help you http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=47605

Last edited:
afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
on my modchip there is a switch on mine if there is a switch on the mod chip try to switch it to a different position. if you can get good HD pictures of inside your xbox motherboard and mod chip that would help.

also check the solder points on the chip mine kind of what his did in the video once and it came down to the solder points on the chip needed to be re soldered

also check this thread out might help you http://fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=47605

I read manual, and that switch on the modchip itself is only for write protection, or more? This thing was made by "proffesionals, with warranty sticker and date when it was made. I will make pictures of soldering and chip. ATM I'm cleaning this beauty. I will post when possible.

Thanks for the help.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Boe0v
Boe0v

I have another problem, i can't remove GPU heatsink, it feels like it's glued. Go the the website, because not all pictures are shown in preview window.

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I suspect previous owner may have messed up all memory banks, including flashbios? Is there a way to reflash it with computer?

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Tried to boot backup, purple color on x3 icon and green ring, solid. But screen is blank.

Tired bank as instructed:

On, On, Off, Off
Off, ON, Off, Off

afterjo

afterjo

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
image 7 those look like some bad solder points

7uFQU

7uFQU

Pictures of redone points, press picture for more.

This is what I found after popping "guarantee sticker" of this console. I redone these points, measured with multimeter. I think I will buy solder sucker, to reposition the board, because is way offset, almost on top of test points and shifted away from LPC.

Very thankful

Last edited:
Shady

Shady

Super Moderator
Super Moderators
10th Anniversary Forum Addict Mr. Nice Guy
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
7uFQU

7uFQU

Pictures of redone points, press picture for more.

This is what I found after popping "guarantee sticker" of this console. I redone these points, measured with multimeter. I think I will buy solder sucker, to reposition the board, because is way offset, almost on top of test points and shifted away from LPC.

Very thankful
looks way better then before. tell me how that goes :smile:

corpse

corpse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
about the heatsink. The old thermal paste has literally turned into gum its so old now. I just changed the paste on mine the other day. **** still wont come off even with 91% isotropic alcohol. What will help is leave the xbox on until its at its normal warm temp. then just pry and wiggle it til it comes up. Hope you have some time to clean it tho. For the heatsinks, you can use fine grit sandpaper to clean it. Don't do it on the chip though, especially not the CPU since it is direct to die cooling, no IHS.

Top Bottom
Login
Register