Solved XDK

Austin

Austin

What a random
10th Anniversary
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So I really know nothing about XDK's but what are some selling points for having an XDK? I have an rgh which does everything you can imagine but is there any big differences in the capabilities of an XDK vs an exploited retail console?

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
If you don't develop things then you won't have a practical use for an Xbox Development Kit. People will try to flex them like they are something special but like you pretty much don't need one. No retail games can take advantage of the benefits of an XDK and even if its one of the 1GB ram XDKs with Gigabit Ethernet Xbox Live it won't be able to take advantage of the Gigabit Ethernet because Xbox Live actually limits the download speed to the max capacity of a retail console which is 100mb/s. And like you can run RGLoader on an RGH too which basically does most of the features that end users are looking for when they get an XDK. So TL'DR unless you're an avid collector of Xbox Consoles or do serious debugging/development then I'd say its not worth the buy. There's more effort that goes into converting regular games so they run on xdks and even after that not many servers support them and the ones that last have their XDK servers private (Even ninjas service for XDKs is somewhat under the table from regular sales and harder to come by). And if you wanted to use it to play games on LiNK then you're gonna have to do extra work to convert title updates to run on the XDK and stuff like that so unless you want an expensive rgh that is basically the same but more of a pain in the *** to use with the ability to run things only used for developing then ye buy it but if that's not for you then yeah RGH is perfectly fine to stick with.

Top Bottom
Login
Register