• Thread starter TheIronNugget
  • Start date
  • Views 561
T

TheIronNugget

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox Development Kits, I'm not very familiar with them. I know basically, what they are and what they can do. I know they can run 2 processes at once, which allows for Halo 3 Modding etc.. But that's about it. I would like to find out more.

So, inb4 "YUR A nOOB", I know a JTAG can be made at home from a JTAGable Xbox, as I JTAG'd my old xbox myself. I've also seen people on Se7ensins listing the consoles they have and I've seen DevKits in there listed as "512MB Jasper Dev", etc...

My first question is, can a DevKit be made at home like a JTAG'd xbox? If so, what would be needed? Second question, what is the significance of the 512MB? Is it because the Kit might need RAM to run 2 processes at once?

Help much appreciated,
TheIronNugget.

I MIKE C I

I MIKE C I

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Xbox Development Kits, I'm not very familiar with them. I know basically, what they are and what they can do. I know they can run 2 processes at once, which allows for Halo 3 Modding etc.. But that's about it. I would like to find out more.

So, inb4 "YUR A nOOB", I know a JTAG can be made at home from a JTAGable Xbox, as I JTAG'd my old xbox myself. I've also seen people on Se7ensins listing the consoles they have and I've seen DevKits in there listed as "512MB Jasper Dev", etc...

My first question is, can a DevKit be made at home like a JTAG'd xbox? If so, what would be needed? Second question, what is the significance of the 512MB? Is it because the Kit might need RAM to run 2 processes at once?

Help much appreciated,
TheIronNugget.
No you can not make a dev kit at home. All dev kits on the market have been stolen hence why they are so expensive. Only developers are meant to have them hence the name.

And i am not sure about that second question im sure someone else will be able to help you though.

X

x Enjoi Life x

Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
he answered the first question, but
hmmm i was wrong?
alright, my apologies.
could've sworn the 512 was RAM.

Deany95

Deany95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Dev kit's can't be made at home. The 512mb is the Jasper 512mb (512mb internal memory, it's just a feature on that Jasper). There are all types of Dev Kit motherboards...

Top Bottom
Login
Register