What's new

Xchange 360 problems

• Thread starter Votuse
  • Start date
  • Views 1,123
V

Votuse

Reaction score
OK so i have the Xchange360 data tranfer kit and it creates .z36 files these files are almost useless except as back up memory. its all well and good but i need it to be a .sav file.

with a .sav file i could load it up to willow tree and mod away before changing it back and reloading it on my memory card. I can;t find a way to switch or convert the files which is why i need help.

thanks in advance for helping

ok so after doing some research i have made my z36 file into a .bin file.

i still need it to be a .sav file and then to tranfer it all back to a .z36 file

so i still need help it just got alittle simpler with xport to change my .z36 to .bin

ok now i figured out how to get my .sav file

and make it back to a .bin file so i need to figure out how to put it back into the z36 format and ill be golden.

any help will be appreciated

V

Vysse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
??? what exactly are you doing when you connect it to your pc...?

O

OwnedTom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What even is an Xchange 360?

V

Votuse

Reaction score
an exchange 360 is the old version of xport 360 its made by the same people but was discontinued for some reason.

it makes your saved games into a .z36 file and xport only saports .bin files so i need to get a .bin file back to a .z36 to make it compatible with the xchange tranfer kit to load it to my memory card and play.

M

Michael Bender

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.

I recently bought the Datel Transfer Kit thinking that $15 was a cheap way to transfer data between my Xbox360 and my PC. Unfortunately, I soon discovered that the included Xchange360 software saved an image of the MU in a z36 compression format.

I was able to use AngerWound & Roofuss XplorerImageConvertor (XIC) v1.0 software to convert it to a bin format, which then allowed me to do whatever I wanted with the files. Now I need to convert it back to the z36 format to load it back onto my MU.

I even tried to avoid the z36 issue by updating the drivers for my device and using the Xport360 software (figured it was worth a shot since they come from the same company), but I cant get Xport360 to see my MU.

So I am now at a standstill until I (a) find a converter, (b) find better software that can access the MU, or (c) write off the $15 and go another direction. Any ideas provided will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

S

SuperDooper

Contributor
Reaction score
You would be better posting this in the XBOX Support Section....Seeing as this section gets less attention and more people go there wanting to help.

Top Bottom