Solved Xbox360 unban

• Thread starter DkSoul
  • Start date
  • Views 2,762
D

DkSoul

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a few questions regarding RGH, KV injection and online play with xk3y.

Some background information:
  • I have a Jasper Xbox360 which is banned for several years now (since the days of iXtreme 1.5)
  • In the meantime I've bought a xk3y which is working flawlessly thus far (all my backups are ABGX360 verified)
  • As far as I know, the official DVD firmware has since been flashed onto my unit when I've applied one of the official dashboard updates (I'm currently on 2.0.17502.0)
  • I have the DVD key (which I'm using for the xk3y) but not the CPU key
  • I want to unban my console for online play (no cheats, no mods, just regular online play)

What I intend to do:
  • Buy a Xecuter J-R Programmer v2 and CoolRunner Rev.C to read/write NAND and be able to use RGH1.2
  • Buy an unbanned KV (still need to figure out where to get this..)
  • Fully reset the console and only then create a NAND backup
  • Use RGH1.2 to get the CPU key
  • Inject the new KV to the NAND backup using the now known CPU key while keeping the official dashboard
  • Write the new NAND to the console
  • Disable RGH1.2 by switching the CoolRunner to PROGRAMMING mode
  • Fully reset the console once again
  • Play online with xk3y

Is this possible or have I missed something?
What can you tell me about using xk3y for online play? Will I get an instant ban or is it ok?

Thank you!

P

Professional

Staff
Staff
Reaction score
Buy an unbanned KV (still need to figure out where to get this..)
Xbox360 which is banned
Once your original KeyVault from your Xbox 360 gets banned it means you no longer have the option to use it online like a retail console, of course you could flash it back to retail now but there is no point in doing it since you don't have online for the retail side as it can't read new kvs when its not RGH'd anymore. so I'd personally recommend installing the xk3y to another console and afterwards use the spare RGH chip you used for your old console so you don't have to put it to waste. You can get the consoles cheaper than most of the actual tools to mod them these days if you look on eBay and stuff like that for retails :smile:

S

Snowy

Let it snow
Reaction score
Once your original KeyVault from your Xbox 360 gets banned it means you no longer have the option to use it online like a retail console, of course you could flash it back to retail now but there is no point in doing it since you don't have online for the retail side. so I'd personally recommend installing the xk3y to another console and afterwards use the spare RGH chip you used for your old console so you don't have to put it to waste. You can get the consoles cheaper than most of the actual tools to mod them these days if you look on eBay and stuff like that for retails :smile:
Beat me to it.

Bearing in mind, your country will matter a lot. P Professional can pickup a slim for under 5AUD at his local pawnbroker, however I, in the UK, would struggle to get one for under £50.

D

DkSoul

Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies.
I have to say that unfortunately it won't be easy to find a second hand that's cheaper than the tools themselves.. :frown:
Also I was under the impression that one could replace the banned KV with another one if reencrypted with the CPU key.
Is this information wrong?
What information is used by Live to identify the console?

P

Professional

Staff
Staff
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies.
I have to say that unfortunately it won't be easy to find a second hand that's cheaper than the tools themselves.. :frown:
Also I was under the impression that one could replace the banned KV with another one if reencrypted with the CPU key.
Is this information wrong?
What information is used by Live to identify the console?
You can't ever reencrypt it to my knowledge so that is why people keep the original nand dumps they take on their consoles when they first RGH them so they have it in case they need to revert as that is the only way I believe is possible.

Live uses a load of info it pulls from the console to check when it loads up, basically everything from dvd drives to kvs are checked and if you aren't using stealth then RIP that kv.

D

DkSoul

Reaction score
Understood!
Thank you for putting me on the right track =)

Top Bottom