Solved Xbox360 Open Tray Error --Help Please--

• Thread starter PUREPWNER116
  • Start date
  • Views 7,067
P

PUREPWNER116

Reaction score
Sin$
I just recently got a new open tray error in the middle of a game. Last time i twisted a little golden screw behind the laser to turn the power up on the laser. I tried it again and it did not seem to fix the error. the laser starts in the correct position. So it cant be that problem. I would go buy a new cd drive but i dont know how to flash drives. So the question is how do you fix the open tray error.

P

PUREPWNER116

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes it makes that noise like its trying to read it And I was looking at the laser and it looks like it is trying to read it. It is a Phat xbox.

P

PUREPWNER116

Reaction score
Sin$
Siri That did not work. Ik mine does not start in the wrong place. I have a benQ drive and it acts like it cant see the disc when it is the drive.

Siri

Siri

What can i help you with ?
Reaction score
Sin$
Siri That did not work. Ik mine does not start in the wrong place. I have a benQ drive and it acts like it cant see the disc when it is the drive.
Hmm seems like a laser issue 2 option i would recommend order a new drive and try copy the dvd keys if not then oder a new drive and unsolder the board from the broken tray and the new one and resoleder the old board to the new tray or get a new laser :wink:

P

PUREPWNER116

Reaction score
Sin$
Wait are you talking about the board under the drive that those 2 wires connect to? Sorry im kinda new to xbx parts.

Siri

Siri

Reaction score
Sin$
Wait are you talking about the board under the drive that those 2 wires connect to? Sorry im kinda new to xbx parts.
Nope you have to open the disc drive this is what im talking about
xbox360driverboardkeychip.jpg

P

PUREPWNER116

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright kus this has happend to 2 xbxs. Im not buying another one.
Ill get right on this i just have to figure out where to buy the drives.

Siri

Siri

Reaction score
Sin$
Alright kus this has happend to 2 xbxs. Im not buying another one.
Ill get right on this i just have to figure out where to buy the drives.
hmm see if theres any places to repair it maybe you might need to get a new board and copy over key is the xbox under warranty ?

Top Bottom
Login
Register