What's new

Solved Xbox XDK slim test kit boot screen freeze

ROFeQT

ROFeQT

Reaction score
Sin$
Hello there, this is how the story goes.
I bought an xbox xdk, why not, dirt cheap, it worked well, installed neighbourhood all that.
All was fine and dandy, etc. So i thought "Why not install a emulator!" cool right? Play some PS1 games, some Kojima stuff. "You're that ninja" style.
It was glitchy at first, it worked, played some test tetris thingy that came with the emulator. (lemme tell you i sent this thing via neighbourhood, used a guide from this site, dashlaunch didn't work, nor freeboot, saved it in the 4gb internal memory thingy)
After that, i tried to restart the console, and go back again in the emu, "maybe helps", *the emulator goes ape blin crazy on me* at this point i'm scared. Restart again, open emulator, emulator goes smooth, everything goes fine, reboot, everything goes insane inside the emu nothing responds, cold reboot via neighbourhood, and now xbox won't start, it stays at the boot screen with the X logo. (emulator's name is something along the lines of pcsx-r)
I tried to pull out internal memory, dvd writer, still nothing works. What could i do, please help. I don't have nand, i didn't knew what that is, it's my secound xbox i own, the first one being an original xbox, but i searched on the internet some fixes, and i found something about nand, maybe this helps but how could i get it now, maybe via ethernet cable? Whatever i do it stays on the boot screen. Please help, i have enough paper weights already. Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:
J

Just1n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Load up xbwatson and look for any errors, or kernel debug. Look at what is is loaded last before the freeze. Maybe you can find somewhere to breakpoint. Or maybe use a recovery

Last edited:
ROFeQT

ROFeQT

Reaction score
Sin$
Load up xbwatson and look for any errors, or kernel debug. Look at what is is loaded last before the freeze. Maybe you can find somewhere to breakpoint. Or maybe use a recovery

Thanks for the response, sorry for being a little late but i've just seen the notification, could you tell me what to do, i never had an xbox 360, especially a dev kit, and i know almost nothing, what i could find on the internet and on some forums is all i know, and most of what i know is i believe not intended to be used on a xdk. So it won't boot into its launcher, and neighbourhood doesn't detect it either, what could i do, and how.

Professional

Professional

Admin
Administrator
Hidden Devils
Programmer Bug Finder Supreme Bounty Hunter
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the response, sorry for being a little late but i've just seen the notification, could you tell me what to do, i never had an xbox 360, especially a dev kit, and i know almost nothing, what i could find on the internet and on some forums is all i know, and most of what i know is i believe not intended to be used on a xdk. So it won't boot into its launcher, and neighbourhood doesn't detect it either, what could i do, and how.
The files you need to get in order to re-flash the internal memory are called XDK Remote Recoveries. they are executable files for Windows that are by Microsoft for XDKs to update the kernel and erase the flash memory and internal memory then re-image it to factory default for the XDK. the latest recovery file is XDKRecoveryXenon21256.18.exe However, I can't link it on here because its warez.
40e9abfebd43b3076447a886e0ea02e0.png

^this is what you're looking for though.

ROFeQT

ROFeQT

Reaction score
Sin$
The files you need to get in order to re-flash the internal memory are called XDK Remote Recoveries. they are executable files for Windows that are by Microsoft for XDKs to update the kernel and erase the flash memory and internal memory then re-image it to factory default for the XDK. the latest recovery file is XDKRecoveryXenon21256.18.exe However, I can't link it on here because its warez.
40e9abfebd43b3076447a886e0ea02e0.png

^this is what you're looking for though.
Thanks a lot, i'm going to check it out, now the only one i've found is in an archive that's like 50gb so it will take a while, after i get it down, let's hope my luck level is high enough to make the xbox work again.

Top Bottom
Login
Register