Solved xbox wont turn on

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by freakychicken56, Mar 8, 2008 with 12 replies and 798 views.

1. freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    yes i know this has been a very popular question. i have a 1.6 xbox and a modchip. i have done the resurection and it reads a steady 3.25 dc v. i noticed that for a brief second the modchip light comes up. then goes out. i dont know what to do

2. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    bump

also to add i just found out that it will power on with the x3 modchip not in the solderless adapter. but it wont load anything no screen. flashes green

3. S1R34L

S1R34L Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i remember something like this happened to my friend, he used a "Slayer disk" i think, anyway, you should research "Fix xbox slayer disk", something like that. Hope it helped...

4. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    well like the xbox wont even boot up no flubber screen no nothing. i wanna know if theres something wrong with the modchip.and if i put in the slayers disk wil it boot that before the flashing green

bump

i think it actually might be the chip because it wont even stay on unless the chip is not plugged in

5. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
  6. Dot

Dot Premium Premium

Ratings:
    Sorry freakychicken56 for the inconvenience of no-one able to assist you, although I'm sure why it is so.
    This thread belongs in "Xbox Support" rather than "Xbox Discussion" because you are asking for assistance or support with your Xbox modifications.

If you have any questions regarding this forum feel free to post in the "Talk to the Staff" section of the site. There you can post any questions you have regarding this forum and as soon as available a staff member will assist you.

Also, Welcome to the site! :beerchug:

7. Head Tax

Head Tax Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I don't mean to insult your intelligence but is it plugged in right? I thought mine was broke also it came on for a brief second and then turned off. So I called up the guy told me to take the plug out of the box plug it back in again and it worked.

8. TomAss

TomAss Premium Premium

Ratings:
    and or also there could be a switch. switch between bans, or bank or something. I bought and xbox from an old member here and it had the same problem. but I also got an error. I opened the xbox and the chip was on plugged from the circuit board.

9. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    re

so yeh, im 99% sure its all pugged in right.
    also, when the chip is in and i plug it in only the blue light next to the switch on the modchip,and i have no control with turning it on. also when the front panel bank switch plug isnt plugged in the chip the xbox frags.

10. TomAss

TomAss Premium Premium

Ratings:
    You need for sure to keep the chip plugged in and I think on bank 1. Atleast that's what mine used to be. just make sure the chip is all the way in and the arrow on the top of the chip is facing the edge of the xbox not the center.

11. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    i dont know what you are talking about i have the xapter v1.6 so the x3ce is pointing to the heatsink not the edge of the case. unless i am wrong

12. OP
    freakychicken56

freakychicken56 Newbie

Ratings:
    okay now

i kinda have a new problem. the xbox now automatically turns on and the x3ce blue lights come on , all the xapter lights are on, also the x3ir blue light is to but i cant controll the xbox turning on and off and it frags as it turns on

13. digitalhigh

digitalhigh VIP VIP Retired

Ratings:
    Well, from a diagnostic standpoint, the answer is simple.

Remove the modchip (if possible) and see if the problem keeps happening. Then you can determine if it is actually the chip or the Xbox.

Edit:

And that Edit button is there for a reason...I know you want help, but double-posting is usually considered socially uncouth. :wink: