• Thread starter gygelly
  • Start date
  • Views 2,704
G

gygelly

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys.
A while back my brother deleted all of his 360 saves. To help him out, I made an app that can take a 360 hd or memory card image (gotten via xport 360, etc), and extract all the files from it, both normal and deleted.

Right now, the app is "difficult" to use for anyone but me. For example, you can't just extract a directory and get all the files, you have to figure out where stuff goes. Filename recovery is wonky as well.

But if there is enough interest in the app, I'll put in the effort to shape it up for public use.

So guys...would this be helpful? Or has someone else already done this? Or is the whole idea stupid when you can just custom mod saves?

L

Morgan 7s

Smellz Liek T33n Spirt
Mr. Nice Guy Jokester Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This idea is really good and potentially really helpful as i have deleted gave saves accidentally many times before and its very annoying.
So anything that could help stop this would be good.

o iiMQuiCk x

o iiMQuiCk x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
but instead of undeleter how about memory repossesion......... idk i wuz bored

8martin5

8martin5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hey guys.
A while back my brother deleted all of his 360 saves. To help him out, I made an app that can take a 360 hd or memory card image (gotten via xport 360, etc), and extract all the files from it, both normal and deleted.

Right now, the app is "difficult" to use for anyone but me. For example, you can't just extract a directory and get all the files, you have to figure out where stuff goes. Filename recovery is wonky as well.

But if there is enough interest in the app, I'll put in the effort to shape it up for public use.

So guys...would this be helpful? Or has someone else already done this? Or is the whole idea stupid when you can just custom mod saves?

this would be great. think you should definetly do this :smile:

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
You can do this already in Xport360, Go to HDD/MC Then click on Undelete Mode, But still Good Thought.

xILemonHeadIx

xILemonHeadIx

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
A better name would be "Xbox File Restorer". Undeleter sounds childish.

ClarkeOne

ClarkeOne

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can restore images in USBXTAF and it works well so I guess if you made an app for HDD as well that would be useful.

Sn1per 117

Sn1per 117

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
You can restore images in USBXTAF and it works well so I guess if you made an app for HDD as well that would be useful.

The newer versions of usbxtaf explore hdd's. You must be using a really old version :tongue:

Ares

Ares

Just a Small Town Girl Livin' in a Lonely World
Reaction score
Sin$
Seems like a pretty helpful tool :rolleyes: Personally, I wouldn't use it much, but it could really help people out sometimes.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Name it Xbox file recovery system(Xbox plus name of the tool). Undeleter is childish and that's not what the tool is technically called.

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
-_- you see how old this is. the guy had only 1 post...this post
Please let me get the f#*ks i give, he asked for our opinions and honestly i think the name is childish, don't like my opinion, gtfo

OP got what he asked for(our opinions) and I'm leaving it at that.

VinnyHaw

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Mythical Veteran Trifecta End of the Year 2015
Reaction score
Sin$
Please let me get the f#*ks i give, he asked for our opinions and honestly i think the name is childish, don't like my opinion, gtfo

OP got what he asked for(our opinions) and I'm leaving it at that.

he was last online Feb 20 2011

do you think he really cares about your opinion still?

K

KN1GHTH4WK429

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Why was this on the front page if it wasn't new? Damn mobile site...

Top Bottom
Login
Register