What's new

Solved Xbox Trinity rrod after booting xell and won't boot to dash

D

Dumman59

Reaction score
Sin$
My Trinity was rghed with Ace v3. It boots xell fine then after 20 seconds it red rings. The console will not boot to dashboard but red rings while trying to glitch.

MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Try resoldering your wires or putting them in different positions.

Are you using something to hold the wires steady (like glue, electrical tape, etc.) so they don't wiggle around in the console?

Having your wires not held down to the point where they can't move anymore might cause RROD from what I hear.

MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
MattsNotBanned_

MattsNotBanned_

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes took the heatsink off, but I did reapply thermal paste. Do you think a reflow of the south bridge will fix it?
Yeah actually go ahead and try a reflow. Check where the southbridge is and check for cold solder joints or any bridged solder joints, that could also play a part in 0010.

D

Dumman59

Reaction score
Sin$
No but one of the pads came off because I did not use flux on the ace because the tutorial I saw did not. But I will this time.

D

Dumman59

Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. I used it in everything else. Will order one today. I will upload pics of the r4d4 point and cpu. I don’t think that is the issue because it looks pretty good.

D

Dumman59

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a coolrunner rev c from a bricked console should I use that. If so, can I use the same points as the ace v3 except the 5v.

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Not exactly. The ace has a built in crystal and the rec c does not. So you would need to grab clk signal from the motherboard if using the rev c .

Personally when using coolrunners on slims I typically use the "project muffin" install but that uses completely different wiring than you currently have .

D

Dumman59

Reaction score
Sin$
so if im going to keep the wiring same. all i have to do is wire to 3.3v instead of 5v and the b point. Are there any timing files that i can download?

Newsk

Newsk

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
the timing files are already in jrunner. click program coolrunner . The bllue D cable is very long to accommodate wrapping around the x-clamp. check google and you will see what I mean.

Top Bottom
Login
Register