What's new

Solved Xbox Softmod Installer Black screen HELP

• Thread starter SuicidalManiac
  • Start date
  • Views 1,572
S

SuicidalManiac

Reaction score
Okay, so my last Xbox (1.3 NTSC) I bought from a seller (I forget where) a long time ago and it died within days of having it :frown: (it was softmodded after getting it and got 500gb HDD so it is locked). I got an eeprom reader from eBay and ripped the HDD key from it. I tried writing it to new Xbox (1.0 NTSC) and it actually booted. Only after it booted, it had the LED color i selected but nothing was on screen. I tried switching eeprom back and booting with retail. That worked so from there I decided to softmod it just to see if it would work. I had the Softmod Installer Deluxe 5.12 on the HDD and booted Splinter Cell. I can boot games with this Xbox so that is not a problem, I would try using Agent Under Fire but that disc is scratched to the point where it will not read. I load "checkpoint" thinking it would load SID but NOPE! Just a black screen appears. Even after waiting ~30 mins it still does nothing. :banghead: Then i tried using the Krayzie Ndure installer but that does the same thing. Does this version of AID not like 1.0s or something? Anyway, I posted comments on videos getting other questions like "Are you using NTSC files?" so I say "Yes I am" but no responses back. Please help, I don't think there is a problem with what I am doing, but if there is PLEASE tell me.

S

SquigglezZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the dash 5960?

R

reminon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To put your old 500gb hdd into the new Xbox, you need to read the old xbox eeprom, then read the new xbox eeprom.

Afterwards, download "Live info eeprom viewer" by yoshihiro, and use it to view and get the dvd key from the old xbox eeprom.
Then replace the dvd key in the eeprom backup from the new xbox, with the one you just got from the old xbox backup, and flash that modified eeprom.bin back to your new xbox.

This will fix compatibility issues from flashing an eeprom from another xbox to your new xbox, but still allowing you to use the hdd key your old hdd is looking for.

Note that this will make your stock hdd unusable, as the dvd key won't match.

Top Bottom