• Thread starter fizzyrocketeer
  • Start date
  • Views 888
F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I was I installing LEDs in front of Xbox slim and the Xbox won't turn on anymore. Could something on the rf board been grounded or damaged and caused this? I tried plugging a wired controller in and it still won't turn on. Would replacing the rf board solve the problem? It isn't an issue with the power brick and all solder points look fine on the motherboard.

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I was I installing LEDs in front of Xbox slim and the Xbox won't turn on anymore. Could something on the rf board been grounded or damaged and caused this? I tried plugging a wired controller in and it still won't turn on. Would replacing the rf board solve the problem? It isn't an issue with the power brick and all solder points look fine on the motherboard.

Can you take a picture of the soldering. Also, take a picture of anything that you touched that you think or are afraid that might be damaged.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried removing the LEDs? Are you talking about replacing the ones on the RF board, or add ons? It's unusual for an issue with the RF board to prevent the console from turning on at all.

F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Have you tried removing the LEDs? Are you talking about replacing the ones on the RF board, or add ons? It's unusual for an issue with the RF board to prevent the console from turning on at all.
I was replacing the LEDs on the rf board. I tested it after the first led and after removing the second led and trying to turn it on to get the LEDs poles correct it wouldn't turn on. Before it failed the fan quit spinning and powered down then the Xbox turned off. Not sure if that was because I didn't have a video cable plugged in.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I was replacing the LEDs on the rf board. I tested it after the first led and after removing the second led and trying to turn it on to get the LEDs poles correct it wouldn't turn on. Before it failed the fan quit spinning and powered down then the Xbox turned off. Not sure if that was because I didn't have a video cable plugged in.

Is the LED on the power supply red or orange? It should be orange. I would also try it with a video cable plugged in (some consoles act weird).

Anonamous

Anonamous

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Donator Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

If you look closely at the top of the led's (where the light shines from) you should see a little discolored dot, that end is the cathode end. Should help with aligning polarity.

It probably powered off because you had no video cables plugged in. Its a power saving feature.

remove the rf board and plug it back it. Also, power cycle both the xbox ad the power brick if you have not yet done so since it last turned on.

F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If you look closely at the top of the led's (where the light shines from) you should see a little discolored dot, that end is the cathode end. Should help with aligning polarity.

It probably powered off because you had no video cables plugged in. Its a power saving feature.

remove the rf board and plug it back it. Also, power cycle both the xbox ad the power brick if you have not yet done so since it last turned on.
OK so why won't it power back on? 
It's possible it's shorted, although the power supply should go red. Do you have a second RF board to test with?
I'm going to get a friend to bring his over to test.

F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
At the moment, I don't know. I am trying offering help from my electronics knowledge (Electronics major) and experience with the phat xbox. I have no experience with the slims.

Can you provide a pic of the rf board?
I'll upload pictures once I have access to my desktop as I do not know how to from my phone

F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I cannot figure out how to attach an image on here it just pops up a little image icon but not the image. What am I doing wrong?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay I cannot figure out how to attach an image on here it just pops up a little image icon but not the image. What am I doing wrong?

You need to upload it to an image hosting site like imgur.com, then post the link. Se7enSins doesn't host images.

F

fizzyrocketeer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
It may still be there, I can't really see the picture well enough to see, but you may just need to buy a new board. Check with your friend's board first.

Alright that is what I figure was the best idea to do. Would that be serious enough to keep the whole xbox from turning on?

Top Bottom
Login
Register