Solved Xbox slim help.

• Thread starter BASED_GOD
  • Start date
  • Views 178
B

BASED_GOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My xbox slim has the open tray error. Can someone tell me how to fix this or lead me to a post similar please

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
Generally when the disc tray stops reading games you are better buying a new xbox as its the laser that is dying. You can try get a new laser fitted but it would be easier to get a new xbox or buy a bigger HDD and just buy games from the game store :meh:

NerdDog

NerdDog

ⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶ
Reaction score
I had this, what you need to do is, put your game in and as soon as it starts reading tap the top of your where the laser and game will be and keep tapping till it finally starts,

all thats wrong with it is that your laser has moved back but the more you tap it the more it budges foward.

Hope i helped.

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
I had this, what you need to do is, put your game in and as soon as it starts reading tap the top of your where the laser and game will be and keep tapping till it finally starts,

all thats wrong with it is that your laser has moved back but the more you tap it the more it budges foward.

Hope i helped.
Doing that half the time either laser burns your game or ruins the laser even more haha i used to do that:smile:

B

BASED_GOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the phat one. I pot tweaked it and fixed it and what do you mean by tap it

Father Christmas

Father Christmas

God Of Mount Olympus
Reaction score
yeah you have a point but i got lucky and it worked
It does work sometimes but i remember me hitting the top of my xbox so much i broke it, I ended up just buying a new one

NerdDog

NerdDog

ⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶ
Reaction score
i only tapped it a couple of times and the laser went back into place

NerdDog

NerdDog

ⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶ
Reaction score
Why did you take it apart?

NerdDog

NerdDog

ⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶⒶ
Reaction score
Ok now put the laser back down to the bottom where it should be and thats it

B

BASED_GOD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still nothing. Is there a way you could POT tweak the slim?

Top Bottom