• Thread starter adbdragonmaster
  • Start date
  • Views 221
adbdragonmaster

adbdragonmaster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So my disc drive on my xbox slim is really annoying me. It produces the loudest hum ever when playing disc games. I have NO room to keep installing games just so it "possibly" stops, and even if I did, that isn't a way to actually fix the problem.

I heard the jasper was the king of all xboxes because it was so quiet and it rarely or ever got the red rings. I think I actually had one, but it got console banned -_- . 2 years later I got this slim, and it's annoying.

Does anyone know the problem inside the disc drive that causes the humming when playing disc games? Is it even fixable? I was thinking of doing something drastic like switching the disc drive from my Jasper with the disc drive from my slim. Is that even possible or is that out of the question.

I can open up and fix whatever is wrong with it, as long as I know what's wrong! Please help! Thanks!

Xboxonemods

Xboxonemods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So my disc drive on my xbox slim is really annoying me. It produces the loudest hum ever when playing disc games. I have NO room to keep installing games just so it "possibly" stops, and even if I did, that isn't a way to actually fix the problem.

I heard the jasper was the king of all xboxes because it was so quiet and it rarely or ever got the red rings. I think I actually had one, but it got console banned -_- . 2 years later I got this slim, and it's annoying.

Does anyone know the problem inside the disc drive that causes the humming when playing disc games? Is it even fixable? I was thinking of doing something drastic like switching the disc drive from my Jasper with the disc drive from my slim. Is that even possible or is that out of the question.

I can open up and fix whatever is wrong with it, as long as I know what's wrong! Please help! Thanks!
It may be your disks as it only happens some of my games on my mw3 slim

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$

It is the spindle motor.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Even if that's true, it's a majority of my discs so it needs to be fixed.
Is there more info I can read about that anywhere? Or a tutorial on how to fix it

You'd just have to replace it. To be honest, any kind of weird issue with a drive, I just end up replacing the whole thing. You can just take your PCB out of the old drive and pop it in the new one. Then your issues should be resolved.

Top Bottom
Login
Register