What's new

Solved Xbox Slim 0010 after a while RGH?

• Thread starter zastin17
  • Start date
  • Views 2,509
Z

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I have done many trinity xbox 360s everything went very smoothly after install it booted 1-3 cycles. But after a while the xbox would red dot and would have 0010. If I attempted to turn it off and on it would red dot instantly. but after unplugging it for a couple seconds it would boot and then red dot after about 1-3 minutes. And don't say it needs a reflow because I used it allot without any problems and I have a small extra fan on it and it never gets hot. Before I open it back up can someone give me an idea on what point could cause this problem? 
Ok so I have done many trinity xbox 360s everything went very smoothly after install it booted 1-3 cycles. But after a while the xbox would red dot and would have 0010. If I attempted to turn it off and on it would red dot instantly. but after unplugging it for a couple seconds it would boot and then red dot after about 1-3 minutes. And don't say it needs a reflow because I used it allot without any problems and I have a small extra fan on it and it never gets hot. Before I open it back up can someone give me an idea on what point could cause this problem?
Also no points were pulled and all points were cleaned and are very shiny

B

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Are you using the correct PSU?

Usually when I test/mod anyone's unit I have an old 203 watt xenon PSU with a slim adapter that works great for every machine lol.

Z

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was because the e and f point on the back of the board had a little semi conductive flux on it and it was slightly bridging that why when I leave it off it works for a while

Z

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Usually when I test/mod anyone's unit I have an old 203 watt xenon PSU with a slim adapter that works great for every machine lol.
Thanks for the response it was because there was flux on the back f and e points. I soldered a little there because on the front side if you solder more than once the solder tends to bulge onto the other side but after cleaning the flux off no red dot. Thanks anyway

Ok now Im having another problem whcih is strange so after booting the xbox will freeze sometimes on the dash and sometimes on the boot logo. and also when glitching the debug led can turn on and off at diffrent times but unpluging it helps. I think that the red dot issue is linked to this one? please help what is going on with it

B

Big_Ddog

Getting There
Reaction score
Post a pic of your wiring and soldering.

Z

zastin17

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post a pic of your wiring and soldering.
Never mind this is the strangest problem I had ever had I just undid all the wiring and re soldered and its bean running perfectly for over 30 minutes now no freezes no red dot not anything so thats good. I still think it might of bean some flux some ware causes these problems I might of taking care of them after desoldering and cleaning all the points:smile: Thanks I will post again if this problem happens again wich it shouldent:smile:

Top Bottom