Solved Xbox RROD 3 Lights INSTANT!!!

• Thread starter samnymr
  • Start date
  • Views 2,086
S

samnymr

Reaction score
Sin$
ok so last night i was ready to install a new gta 4 iso mod to my xbox and i accdently dropped a wire into the xbox which touched a chip to the right of the cluster of big black thingys, i then tried the towel trick etc ec and nothing worked, i then started jabbing a wire around and nothing happened so i got both ends and connected it up to two components in the xbox and now when i urn the xbox on i get an instant 3 RROD and the power supply flashes from orange to red then to orange constant whilst the RROD is flashing, any help at all?

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
ok so last night i was ready to install a new gta 4 iso mod to my xbox and i accdently dropped a wire into the xbox which touched a chip to the right of the cluster of big black thingys, i then tried the towel trick etc ec and nothing worked, i then started jabbing a wire around and nothing happened so i got both ends and connected it up to two components in the xbox and now when i urn the xbox on i get an instant 3 RROD and the power supply flashes from orange to red then to orange constant whilst the RROD is flashing, any help at all?
It sounds like you`ve shorted and blown something. Ive never heard of the PSU flashing either.

S

samnymr

Reaction score
Sin$
It sounds like you`ve shorted and blown something. Ive never heard of the PSU flashing either.

nothing looks shorted and i have two power supplys one of them goes from orange (presses power button) green then constant red and the other goes from orange (power button pressd again) red for like a second then constant orange

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
nothing looks shorted and i have two power supplys one of them goes from orange (presses power button) green then constant red and the other goes from orange (power button pressd again) red for like a second then constant orange
Half of the components could be shorted and you wouldn`t know. Most shorted components don`t actually show signs of this.

Gnarles

Gnarles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

Oh man, you are probably f***ed. Who knows waht you shorted out. Mofsets are probably dead, caps might be blown. Could be a number of things.

You CLEARLY have a power issue. 98% chance that something is blown in your mobo. Because of the 'jabbing with a wire', good luck finding it.

Sorry we cant be of more help. In the future, if you are unsure why something is broken, look up possible solutions before you start poking around a $300 machine.

SE43

assassin279

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Before you started doing all the ghetto tricks which make your Xbox worse, you should of posted here to see whether anyone had any idea what it could be.

J

J90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You should of posted here first, the only advice I could give you now is to ring Microsoft.

The number for the UK Helpline is 020 7365 9792.

Check out the support section for more information.

tim008

tim008

Retired Diet Mod
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I agree with the guys above me. You've asked questions too late, after you've caused the damage.
In future consult the pro's first.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
STILL THOUGH, whats the secondary error code? In the rare chance that your xbox isn't f***ED from your "amazing" towel trick, you should see what the problem is with the secondary error code. You can find that number out by doing this:

SecondaryErrorCodeInst.png

Top Bottom
Login
Register