What's new

Solved Xbox rgh 1.2 only boots if i leave it off for atleast 5 minutes?

• Thread starter Stay Cutez
  • Start date
  • Views 270
S

Stay Cutez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, a bit of a weird one. I just finished doing a rgh 1.2, solder job was perfect. wiring out the way, tried multiple timing files and the best i could get the console to do is boot if i leave it unplugged for 5 minutes or off for 5 minutes. If i turn the console on then off then on again it will not boot!?!? it just keeps flashing and doing nothing :/

Any help would be appreciated <3

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good clear close up pics of your soldering would be helpful for others to offer support to help you.
What model/version 360 are you RGH'ing ?
and what glitch chip have you wired in please ?

C

Cryptic7s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need some pics of your install, also a copy of your jRunner log for the install would be helpful.
What timing File are you using? Is the console Slim or phat?

S

Stay Cutez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The console is a phat jasper 16mb rgh 1.2 with a coolrunner chip. Wiring is exactly the same as my other phat console which is insta boot. I've looked online and others have had the exact same issue with no answers. I have tried all the timing files and only 18 and 21 seem to boot the console.

I cant get any pictures right this second but no points are bridged and its a good solder job. I have checked with a magnifying glass. Wires are all out the way not interfering with anything
Post automatically merged:

Also ill mention when i connect cap together on the coolrunner with solder the green light rapidly blinks and it wont start at all!

Last edited:
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The console is a phat jasper 16mb rgh 1.2 with a coolrunner chip. Wiring is exactly the same as my other phat console which is insta boot. I've looked online and others have had the exact same issue with no answers. I have tried all the timing files and only 18 and 21 seem to boot the console.

I cant get any pictures right this second but no points are bridged and its a good solder job. I have checked with a magnifying glass. Wires are all out the way not interfering with anything
Post automatically merged:

Also ill mention when i connect cap together on the coolrunner with solder the green light rapidly blinks and it wont start at all!
If it's an RGH 1.2 install on a Jasper and your glitch chip is either a TX Coolrunner rev C or D,you don't need to bridge any of the "Caps" on the chip.
I did a Jasper 16mb nand a couple of weeks ago for a friend.Using a Coolrunner rev C chip.Followed "Weekend Modders" youtube tuturial and guess what.It works like a dream.
Try using 28 gauge AWG (single core) wire for your RST,PLL and Post points,then a slightly thicker (stranded) wire for the CLK point (which i used the CLK point on the underside of the Jasper board) and use the red power wire for power and the black wire for GND point.
Try again from scratch and follow "Weekend Modders" youtube video Tuturial,i strongly urge you to do this.

S

Stay Cutez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found online it shouldnt rapidly blink green with the cap bridged. People put this down to a dodgy chip

B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found online it shouldnt rapidly blink green with the cap bridged. People put this down to a dodgy chip
Here's the video tuturial i was asking you to watch and follow (just ignore the part where he's changing the RF board's LED's)

S

Stay Cutez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a different coolrunner chip in and it boots first glitch now. Must've just been a dodgy chip somehow
Edit
I also put the cap points together on the cool runner and instead of rapidly blinking green it glitched normally and noots 1st glitch every time

Last edited:
B

BluesMan67

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put a different coolrunner chip in and it boots first glitch now. Must've just been a dodgy chip somehow
Edit
I also put the cap points together on the cool runner and instead of rapidly blinking green it glitched normally and noots 1st glitch every time
Just give the people here who have helped you,a thumbs up/thank you for helping you out,bud.It's what why we're here,to help first time and non first time modders the help and support we can :smile:

77tontos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is solved but I have experienced similar issues on this type of console. After I updated the dashboard it glitched much faster. Something to try at least if you don't happen to have a second chip on hand.

Top Bottom