Xbox Repair Guide 2.1

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by feudalnate, Nov 15, 2008 with 5 replies and 3,280 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    I've noticed this hasn't been posted before for whatever reason....but I find this as a good reference.

[​IMG]

This is a COMPLETE X-BOX REPAIR GUIDE. This repair guide/ manual is provided to you in 100% crisp and clear
    PDF FORMAT. This manual is easy to use and provides you with step by step instructions and contains blow up images. This guide will help you replace most of the components inside the X-Box. This manual is a handy guide for everyone who owns an X-BOX or needs it repaired.

REPAIR MANUALS CONTAINS:

* Fix DVD & CD loading errors - Eliminate the "Dirty Disk Error"!
    * Completely disassemble and reassemble your Xbox console without damaging anything!
    * Clean and maintain your console!
    * How to CLEAN and ADJUST your DVD drive laser
    * Thomson laser voltage adjustment
    * Re-align the CDDVD drive tray
    * Manually open the CDDVD drive tray
    * Identify the current version your Xbox
    * Repair controllers with sticking or malfunctioning button.
    * LED Error Messages/Codes
    * X-Box 1.6 Mother Board Repair Guide

Plus much more..

TOTAL PAGES:25
    Format: PDF deployed by EXE
    Languages: English
    Compatible: Win/Mac

I highly recommend this to those that love to mod they're Xbox

2. ForrrestMaster

ForrrestMaster Guest

Ratings:
    Why is it an installer? Why not just the PDF?

3. OP
    feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    It's not an installer, its just an exe. I dunno why it's like that, that's just the way it is.

4. Johnodd4

Johnodd4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    it is called hacker knowledge.

Certain hackers are packaging thing's into .exe files to avoid installing a piece of spyware right click the .exe and select extract to via winrar and you can have the file without having to do anything.

5. OP
    feudalnate

feudalnate Banned VIP

Ratings:
    I wouldn't call the right click>extract (with Winrar) "hacker knowledge" seeing how any persons with Winrar and a right mouse button could easily do so.

Have you downloaded this? Have you tried extracting yourself? What are you going to do with a "...hs4tda" file?

There used to be a site that sold this ebook ([Click here to view the link]). The same people that sold PS2 Repair Guide and Gamecube Repair Guide, if anyone remembers...

This is from they're site before it went under, now supported by www.llamma.com (a widely known site for console modifications, repairs, parts, etc.) There is no malware whatsoever.

Q: Why is it an exe file?

A: I don't know, this is the way they made it. Probably to stop people from ripping it off since they we're selling it.

6. Johnodd4

Johnodd4 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    The exe communicates with the internet so make sure you are not connected when you run.

do not know what it is trying to send.

Also the data in this document is worthless for 2004 xbox 1 consoles considering that the pot settings for the samsung 605 series drive has a pot screw on the side of the laser not on the top this really needs to be updated and fixed because if you set your drives pot settings to the wrong settings you most likely fried your drive using this guide.

Kinda Sucks!!!

the maximum for the samsung series drive in the 2004 xbox 1 is 600 to 800 being the max they recommend trying it at 700 as a minimum first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.