Dismiss Notice

Guest,
We are celebrating 14 years since the inception of Se7enSins! Join us in our celebrations!

Unsolved Xbox reading burned disc as data

Discussion in 'Xbox Support' started by TheRealMogar, Apr 30, 2019 with 11 replies and 277 views.

Tags:
  1. TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    Greetings,
    I've lurked here for a bit and found many helpful tut's, but now I'm stumped. I've got a 1.0 tsop xbox that's not reading any burned game discs. It read Hexen 2018 fine, but then trying to read a burned copy of Halo: CE it won't work. I ftp'ed a genuine disc over and created an ISO that way, and putting that burned back in it reads as data and freezes the console. I've tried DVD - R and DVD +R to see if that was an issue and the same result. Maybe some lovely xbox guru might have an explanation or a fix?

Thank you.

2. Cynder

Cynder Local Weird Guy

Ratings:
    Have you tested any retail disks in your system recently? Because this sounds eather like a burning issue or your disk drive is failing.

3. OP
    TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    Yes, I've tried retail discs and they work absolutely fine. I've got multiple xbox's of different versions so I have been changing out the drive to see if maybe the stock Thomson was just bad, but the Philips that I've been using as well is also not doing it. Makes sense if the drives are failing, but could it really be 3 of them?

4. Slim Shady

Slim Shady HI My Name Is Retired

Ratings:
    what brand is the discs? also what speed did you burn the iso to the disc?

5. OP
    TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    The discs are verbatim, and I burned at the lowest possible speed which i believe was 3x.

6. Slim Shady

Ratings:
    if any of your other xboxs can read the burned disc then it will come down to the drive it self having issues reading the data on the disc some drives behave stupid with what burnt dvd type you throw at it. grab the hexen disc and see if its dvd-r or +r then grab an iso for halo or what ever game you want off the internet and burn that to a disc the same type as the hexen one and see if its still an issue.

7. OP
    TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    I did a ftp of my genuine Halo CE and also burned it onto a dvd + R and a dvd - R both didn't work. I don't have another modded xbox at the moment but I've taken the disc drive from another and still didn't work.

8. Slim Shady

Ratings:
  9. OP
    TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    Will do. I bought a 1tb hard drive since i had a feeling it was going to be a pain. Would've been cool to have burned discs, but playing off the drive is okay. Appreciate the help.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Slim Shady

Ratings:
    also post on reddit as that sub is active with people that are knowledgable and may had the same problem https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/

11. OP
    TheRealMogar

TheRealMogar Newbie

Ratings:
    Sure thing. It'll be nice to get into things and learn a few. Appreciate the help once again.

• Like Like x 1
  12. KaosEngineeer

KaosEngineeer Enthusiast

Ratings:
    What format were the game's files in? An actually special XISO (dot iso named file) or just a bunch of files and folders.

If the later, how did you create the disc image that you burned. You cannot use standard ISO9660 creation tools. The Xbox has its own special ISO format known as XISO. You will need to create the disc image to burn by using one of several apps that can convert the files/folders into the proper XISO format image - Qwix 1.01 or C-Xbox Tool v2.0.6 or 2.0.7. After XISO creation, use the burner application's Burn Image to Disc option.