What's new

Solved Xbox randomly disconnects from live?

• Thread starter TDC VORT3X
  • Start date
  • Views 5,599
T

TDC VORT3X

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So one of my friends and I have a problem with out xboxs (his more so), every time I go online I can play for perhaps 10 minutes and BAM "Disconnected from Xbox live", on my computer the internet will be working fine, I'll sign back in and it will work fine for perhaps half an hour then it will disconnect again.

It continues to do this until I get pissed off and turn it off. My friends is worse, in the sense he literally can't play online on it for than five minutes.

Anyone know how to fix this, or should I just buy a new Xbox?

EDIT

Also it does is more when I play Reach than any other game

N

Nou

Sarcastic Scotsman #2
Reaction score
Refresh your router and modem

Or go to xbox dashboard > System Settings > Network Settings > Choose whether you're Wired or Wireless > Press A > Configure Network > Additional Settings > Restore to Factory Defaults.

That might help. Goodluck man.

-Aaron-

V

Vexx

N'importe qui
Reaction score
My younger brother has the same issue. We both have an xbox and his seems to always disconnect. We've tried getting two routers with completely different IPs and connections so that he has one to himself and it still disconnects him. Even if he's the only one online. It seems to be a problem with the Xbox 360 Elite. More so his atleast.

A

thehuntsman1360

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also had this issue.What fixed it for me was this.In the nat settings in your router you need to open the ports to xbox live.You need to assign a static ip to be able to port forward.Make sure the static ip you set is outside the routers dhcp range so as it wont give another device the same ip.Go into network settings on your consol and assign it a static i.p adress.This will be the same i.p adress you set in port forwarding in the router.It might be a bit clearer to you here:
http://portforward.com/

D

Dr Death

Getting There
Reaction score
i had this problem, if you are using WI-FI change your wireless channel to a unused channel like 11 or 9.

Top Bottom