Solved Xbox Pot Adjustment Help Needed!

• Thread starter Mark Trapp
  • Start date
  • Views 416
Mark Trapp

Mark Trapp

Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Ben Q drive and i have open tray error, I also have a multimeter but i have tried adjusting it an it still wont read. What ohms should i adjust the POT to?

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I have a Ben Q drive and i have open tray error, I also have a multimeter but i have tried adjusting it an it still wont read. What ohms should i adjust the POT to?
Drop it and try it but dont go any lower than 2.8K If that doesn't work you'll have to replace the laser.

Mark Trapp

Mark Trapp

Reaction score
Sin$
REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE STATIC GUARD!!! Too many people forget that.

I dont have a soldering gun if i just heat up a screwdriver on the stove and melt the solder away and before it dries remove it will that work? i know the point is to uncover the 3 soldering points so i dont see why it wouldt work

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
I dont have a soldering gun if i just heat up a screwdriver on the stove and melt the solder away and before it dries remove it will that work? i know the point is to uncover the 3 soldering points so i dont see why it wouldt work

Because that screwdriver would need to be well over 600-700 degrees in order to remove that solder, which won't happen.

Mark Trapp

Mark Trapp

Reaction score
Sin$
Because that screwdriver would need to be well over 600-700 degrees in order to remove that solder, which won't happen.

Im glad you know so much about soldering. Guess who just removed the antistatic ball with a flat head heated up on the stove and yes it works.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Im glad you know so much about soldering. Guess who just removed the antistatic ball with a flat head heated up on the stove and yes it works.

Ladies and gentleman, no doubt, the most moronic way to solder. Bravo. Of course it works. A soldering iron is a metal rod being heated from the inside out. You have no control doing what you did and if the solder went solid while you tried to pull it off, you'd be screwed.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Ladies and gentleman, no doubt, the most moronic way to solder. Bravo. Of course it works. A soldering iron is a metal rod being heated from the inside out. You have no control doing what you did and if the solder went solid while you tried to pull it off, you'd be screwed.
Not to mention that the screwdriver is no useless as a screwdriver, the quality of the work is probably terrible, and that will probably be the only time that he will have success with that "method"

Mark Trapp

Mark Trapp

Reaction score
Sin$
Not to mention that the screwdriver is no useless as a screwdriver, the quality of the work is probably terrible, and that will probably be the only time that he will have success with that "method"

actually the quality of the work looks completely fine as soon as i touched the screwdriver to the solder it just fell right off no mess. i know it may not be the right way to do it but i do not own a soldering iron.

oblivioncth

oblivioncth

Mr. Cloth
Mr. Nice Guy MotM TotM
Reaction score
Sin$
actually the quality of the work looks completely fine as soon as i touched the screwdriver to the solder it just fell right off no mess. i know it may not be the right way to do it but i do not own a soldering iron.
It may look fine but some one else would have to judge that, plus just cause it looks good doesn't mean its electrically fine. You may be OK but I wouldn't get in a habit of doing that.

Top Bottom
Login
Register