Unsolved Xbox One X 4k error

• Thread starter AdBlock
  • Start date
  • Views 1,451
A

AdBlock

Use Me!
Reaction score
Hello so i just got the Xbox One X and i am having some issues with 4k, it keeps giving me errors saying that my 4k tv is supporting the following in the image below.

Do i need a different TV?, is there a way to fix this?

Cheap TV brand is: TCL

M

M0B5TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
are you using the HDMI cable that came with the X? I seen a lot of people post this same problem on facebook and some said they fixed it with the TV settings and some said make sure the HDMI port on the TV says 4K because apparently some TVs have multiple HDMI ports but only one is for 4K.

A

AdBlock

Use Me!
Reaction score
are you using the HDMI cable that came with the X? I seen a lot of people post this same problem on facebook and some said they fixed it with the TV settings and some said make sure the HDMI port on the TV says 4K because apparently some TVs have multiple HDMI ports but only one is for 4K.

Yes i am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One X, tried all of the HDMI ports still not fixing the issue none of them have anything written on them, i have been searching on google and apparently my TV might only have HDMI 1.4 so i have ordered a HDMI splitter that has HDMI2.0, HDCP2.2 - 4K inputs, and i have seen on youtube people having to resort to these splitters because there Xbox One S wouldn't show that there tv is 4k but after using the splitter they get all ticks, so i will have to give this a try it should be here within a few weeks so ill bump this up with an update when it arrives.

J

John Stoyle

Reaction score
Yes i am using the HDMI cable that came with the Xbox One X, tried all of the HDMI ports still not fixing the issue none of them have anything written on them, i have been searching on google and apparently my TV might only have HDMI 1.4 so i have ordered a HDMI splitter that has HDMI2.0, HDCP2.2 - 4K inputs, and i have seen on youtube people having to resort to these splitters because there Xbox One S wouldn't show that there tv is 4k but after using the splitter they get all ticks, so i will have to give this a try it should be here within a few weeks so ill bump this up with an update when it arrives.
Although I don't think that this will work, as the determining factor here in this case is HDR In most cases only 2017 4K TV's offer this so if you have an older 4K TV even as old as 2016. However if you are able to resolve it this way please post and advise.

You are aware though that you are getting 4K you are just not able to take advantage of all of the extras of fixed framerates and such

F

FlamingRabbit

'08er
Reaction score
In the unlikely event your TV has DisplayPort, you can try using an adapter. If you do, be cautious, but it is an option.

M

Marvhl

Trinity RGH2 <3
Reaction score
The problem is most likely your TV, they made the xbox one x so advance that your current TV can support only bits of 4k.

S

Saturday Night

Getting There
Reaction score
My issue came down to these:
Make sure it’s in the proper hdmi port in your tv
Go through your tv settings and look to see if you can enable HDR(on my tv, it was called “Enhanced Mode”, I found mine under some HDMI setting)
Select as many options you can at the screen prior.

Only grayed out options for me ended up being 3D and 24hz video(whatever lol)

Most 4K tvs that are a year old usually have HDR. Just mess with your tv settings.

Took me a week to figure out my issues(didn’t realize I had 30hz and 60z inputs in my tv, had it in slot one which was 30hz. Then it was trying to figure out how to enable HDR on my tv).

OP, what’s the model number on your tv?

Top Bottom