• Thread starter AzzidReign
  • Start date
  • Views 461
A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
I've currently put about 400 hours into the PC version and only about 4 hours into the Xbox version but I think that's enough to really compare the 2. Instead of starting with a list as to what is better with the PC than Xbox, I'm going to start with a much smaller list and say everything else is better:

Xbox One better than PC:
Connectivity - I don't get random "ping drops", though still not sure if that is my internet or what, I just don't seem to get them on the Xbox.

Now that was a quick list!! I'm going to post my gripes about the Xbox version that should be fixed asap.

Fix Xbox One version pl0x
  1. Graphics are horrid - while they likely can't fix this, it looks like a turd. That is all.
  2. Glitchy - Xbone's gameplay is so glitchy, mostly from the framerate lag (lol). What's funny is, it performs so poorly on the Xbone that the cars graphics do not show up at times, they show as big blobs on the car. I'll update the thread later with pictures but I feel the xbox shouldn't be rebooted tonight...or ever. #pcmasterrace
  3. Voice chat - I don't think it works....not like it matters, when people talk on pc, you can't understand them at all.
  4. Cars feel heavier - dunno how else to explain it.
  5. I do believe the current Xbox version is the PC version from like...2 versions ago. Cars still blow up when people either quit or join. The ranking system doesn't tell you what division you are in. Not as smooth feeling.
  6. Parties....parties are horrid. People can't connect, if they can connect, their cars typically don't show, if they don't show, then 50% of the time you can't join a game together.
  7. Matchmaking - feels like it takes the length of a game to find another game. This is vastly different than PC. When I hit search, it feels like it finds a match in 10-30 seconds. On Xbone, feels like 3-7 minutes. Not sure how much fault should be placed on Psyonix, but this seems to be a recurring theme in regards to the Xbox One.
The list for "What pc does better" was too big for this post that it broke the site so I'll just leave these lists here. If you have a PC that can play this game, you are better off getting the PC version. Bottom line is, even though I didn't think this game was very intensive on the PC, it appears to be bogging the Xbone down immensely. This is not Psyonix's fault, I can't believe they were able to even pull it off with how sh*tty the xbone is.

Do yourselves a favor and buy the PC version over the Xbox's. I thought I would have a better time on the Xbox due to the party system, but everything on the Xbox performs soooooo poorly that just inviting friends to a party chat take 10x longer than it should. Steam + Rocket League + Teamspeak/Discord = winning combination.

3xTiNcT

Extinct
Super Moderators
Reaction score
The graphics don't really bug me that much for a game like Rocket League but it's always nice to have better graphics. I wish I knew the difference though because I've only played the game on Xbox.

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The graphics are not that bad really. I own both versions. Doesn't bother me all that much. The servers are what gets me. A lot of the time when trying to join a que, it will say no servers online..

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
The graphics are not that bad really. I own both versions. Doesn't bother me all that much. The servers are what gets me. A lot of the time when trying to join a que, it will say no servers online..
I agree about the graphics. But here's the thing; when I first load the game, the graphics look "ok", there is some detail, you can tell what's what, etc. Once the graphics start to look like utter sh*t (just white blobs instead of flames on the car, can't see the treadlines on the tire, etc), that's when the game gets really stuttery and glitchy.

In terms of matchmaking, that was one of my biggest gripes with the game but totally forgot it on the list so I've added it. In the amount of time I play 5 games on PC, Xbox players will have played 2-3. In between Xbox games, it feels like a whole other game could have been played during that time. It's so slow and many times when it says "joining", it's a freakin juke so the system starts to laugh at you since you thought you were about to get a game.

I just hope many of these things are fixed in the next update...which I hope is within the month.

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea man. My only gripe about it would be the matchmaking. It is suffering from several different matchmaking issues.. I would say it's still worth the $20 though

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea man. My only gripe about it would be the matchmaking. It is suffering from several different matchmaking issues.. I would say it's still worth the $20 though
Yes, still worth 20 but if you have a gaming pc, just pick the pc version lol it doesn't help that the 200 people on my friends list on Xbox all don't play besides like 2 people.

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, still worth 20 but if you have a gaming pc, just pick the pc version lol it doesn't help that the 200 people on my friends list on Xbox all don't play besides like 2 people.
Yea? Well, they announced cross-network play today. I'm really looking forward to this! I have been finding myself playing more and more on the XB1 just out of convenience, and being able to play with my Steam friends is a HUGE plus for me!

A

AzzidReign

Man with the plan
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea? Well, they announced cross-network play today. I'm really looking forward to this! I have been finding myself playing more and more on the XB1 just out of convenience, and being able to play with my Steam friends is a HUGE plus for me!
How will that work though? Will the game have it's own friendslist? Or will it be like what the ps4 and pc has now...where you can play against pc/xbox and the only way to join is to join in on a game server by knowing the name/ip or w/e but can't actually party up to play as an organized team?

A

adroitful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will that work though? Will the game have it's own friendslist? Or will it be like what the ps4 and pc has now...where you can play against pc/xbox and the only way to join is to join in on a game server by knowing the name/ip or w/e but can't actually party up to play as an organized team?
Not sure.. They haven't said anything further about it.

Top Bottom